Sunday, April 13, 2008

Shredder Council 2.0 is coming

I have no idea what it means, but it's sure to be exciting. Adam is cooking up his next big mission. I can hear his Aussie-accented voice in my mind's ear saying "shred hard" and words like "mastermind group" and "massive" and all his other enthusiastic and encouraging catchy sayings that have seeped into the lexicon of shredder blogs and I can guess have even fallen into actual, real-life conversations with our friends and family.

I'm back to daily posting, and I can see my mood lifting already. I'm still dealing with a cold and other health issues. I was going to do a nifty chart, but Suzette noted that she just typed what she did and I kind of dig that more. In the long run, it's more work, but I like to blab about what I do and take credit for my little victories where my health is concerned. All of it is ultimately in the hands of God as is everything in my life. But this blog is for celebrating my blessings and coping with my disappointments when the blessing aren't as easy for me to recognize. Sort of spiritual/health refrigerator for me to tack up my latest finger paintings of all the things I have to be grateful for.

Yesterday I'm grateful that I got to:

    • Practice Walking for Half a Mile!
    • Read a Chapter from a Spiritually Enriching book
    • Meditate
    • Eat 5 full servings of fruits and vegetables

You know what I realized returning to this blog and the Shredder Council? That my first 14 day mission goal was to not use my walker and walk to the kitchen to make my own coffee. And with an exception to the airport flight when I had use it a little before they brought my wheelchair, I haven't use it AT ALL. It's all the way in garage. I not only make coffee for me and my sister every morning, I can stand to wash the dishes without even having to take a break. All that time in the Philippines where my Mom had to bring me meals in bed. You know what? I've made dinner for Edie and me so many times since I've been back, I can't even count. I carry the plates and everything.

Pretty damn cool.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! christy is back!!!
there is just something about doing this blogging thing that does lift your spirit. It is a great way to connect with the world, places and people you may never meet but seem so close to. plus it is so therapeutic. for me it is my "daily journal". I love how you say it is a "spiritual/health refrigerator". what an accurate description it is. with pictures and everything! am so proud of you for not having to have to use that walker. you have indeed come so far, lots of victories and blessings to celebrate! embrace them!
ok, i've blabbed on long enough! so glad/grateful you are back. missed you lots!

KaliLilla.com said...

You've come along way, baby! Glad to see your back to daily posts. :)

Michael said...

That is so awesome about the walker. I knew you'd make it!

Unknown said...

What a breath of fresh air to see you up and back into the game! You can so do it girl!!

Marbella said...

Wow Christy! Am so thrilled to find you and then to see that you are really BAAAACK is just fabulous! Can´t wait to see how all is going with you and read your posts again. I always laugh and enjoy what you write so much! You are soooo special. Thanx so much for coming back to us!
Lynda