Monday, April 28, 2008

Day Two: A Revelation / Correction Day One

I discovered something about myself that I did not know. (See cartoon)

My jeans are actually too big. Not comfortably baggy like I thought. I'm totally psyched to realize I am definitely a smaller size. I guess I could have guessed in when I noticed that I don't have to unbutton these button fly jeans to take them off, but I kind of dug the convenience of it. hehe
Thanks to these daily photos, I am prioritizing buying new jeans. At least one decent pair. I mean WOW. I had no idea how unflattering my pants are. Tonight it's back to the USO for my shift. It's so cool having fun things to do instead of dreading my days. I practiced guitar again (open chords only) and NO PAIN today. Just a little stiff. But I'm typing. Little by little, I won't just get my life back from before the accident, I'M GETTING AN EVEN BETTER LIFE.

Yesterday I'm grateful I got to:
• Walk 1.6 miles
• Eat FIVE servings of fruits and vegetables
• Drink SIX glasses of water
• Meditate
• Practice guitar FIVE minutes

****************
Corrected Day One Photo

4 comments:

Mike Groom said...

Well done Christy! It's always a good feeling when clothes that were once tight are so baggy that you have to get rid of them.

Anonymous said...

Christy, that is so awesome!!! So cool to be able to get new clothes!!clothes that are too big on you make you look fatter("you" as in general, not you specifically! lol), i know from experience!

Michael said...

Awesome! Congrats on going down a size. That must feel so great.

Otter Christy said...

Mike I better throw out those pants and buy new ones quick. I don't want to expand to fit them again. Like a goldfish that grows big because of the bowl. :)

Suzette YOU'RE RIGHT. I now know officially know from experience, too. lol

Michael It does feel good, but you probably know that feeling well. Thanks for coming by.