Monday, April 14, 2008

Bob Hope and Christy Murphy together at last?

Thank you to my fellow shredders for their comments. I forgot how much that brightens my day. I'm feeling particularly grateful today, because my cold is waning AND a little extra hope from Bob Hope may be coming way.

Very quick post regarding yesterdays good health stuff.

I'm grateful yesterday I got to:
    • Drink three glasses of water
    • Eat five servings of fruits and vegetables
    • Practice walking briefly, but uphill
    • Meditate
    • Back exercises
    • Plenty of rest
I've already gotten up and practiced walking once today.

Not Bob Hope exactly, but ...

I put in an application to the U.S.O. to be a volunteer at the Bob Hope Hollywood USO LAX . I got a voice mail message about my application. It's not for performing, it's for helping out in the airport lounge facilities when our serviceman our traveling through town. They need people for the overnight shift 2am-6am , and their offices are right around the corner. What are the odds of finding a volunteer position right in my neighborhood that suits my crazy sleep schedule! Now that I can stand and sit up any time I want, I can do stuff that I feel is sort of useful. I hope they can use me. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

KaliLilla.com said...

That's so cool! Good luck Christy!

Marbella said...

Hi Christy, are you really serious about that job with those guys in the early morning hours? I thought for sure it was a joke, but then again it might not be. You would certainly be perfect for the job, so will cross my fingers for you to get it (if you really want it). Love how well you are doing. Strong lady! You can do it all.
Lynda

Rob said...

Christy,
Thanks for stopping by and best wishes on the USO deal.
Rob

Debbie said...

Hi Christy,

Sounds like a cool *assignment*. Might even find a few cute single ones!

Mike Groom said...

Great to hear your cold going away.

Good luck with the U.S.O thing! Volunteering can be very rewarding.

Otter Christy said...

Lilla Thanks for the luck. I think it did the trick.

Lynda I know. It sound kinda crazy 2am-6am. Since we're at LAX airport, we help armed force personnel and their families while they're stranded on layovers and other travel mishaps, which happen 24/7. We're one of the only USO facilities open 24 hours in the country.

Rob Thanks for swinging by, too.

Debbie You're the third person who's mentioned that to me. I think I'm a little old for our boys in blue (36), but then officers have to fly places, too. Hmm. I'll make sure to do my hair before my shift just in case. ;)

Mike You're right. I think this USO position is just what the doctor ordered. I wish I could completely shake this cold already. It just lingers. But it mostly gone.