Thursday, November 8, 2007

Day 14 Congratulations and Thank You



Howdy Shredders!

I am exhausted and elated to reach Day 14 with you guys.

I want to say thank you to Adam Waters for putting together this group shred and being an inspiration to me and providing the means for me to be in the company of such great people. It is no coincidence that you have assembled such an extraordinary group of people, because you are such an extraordinary man. You attract what you put out in the world. Congratulations on you One Year Shredder Birthday!

Thank You to the Shredder Counsel for being on this shred and allowing me to bear witness to your transformations.

Suzette - Thank you for being a blog commenter before being a blog commenter was all the rage. But seriously, thank you for all your support pre-shred (I'm calling all the time Mission One, lol) and on this mission Group Shred. There is no way I would be walking this soon without you.
Andrew - Thanks for your informative blog and incredibly comforting words. I will forever admire your lightning-speed cardio and ironing, two thins I will admire, but never do. lol
Joni - Thank you for the cool video yesterday and your blog, advice and insights including The Potato Wedge Principal. Way to go on being on the "Big Blog" face and all.
Lynda - My Texan in Spain. Thank you for your supportive comments and sending me some of that big Texas energy when I really needed it! (PS You would die if you saw what passes for BBQ here.)
Bec - Speaking of way to go on the Big Blog, thank you Bec for representing the ladies up there, and for being an inspiration. Please send your eight-year-old to take my photos as mine are eternally blurry. lol
Dougal - If we should ever get to meet, I will be challenging complete strangers to kickball and forcing you to keep your promise and let me be on your team. :) Thank you for your inspiration, professional fitness advice, and complementing me on my bikini.
Massimiliano - Thank you! I love typing your name, and the big heart you have shared with me. Fluffy, (my dog) says hi to your fishes and cats and the rest of that Noah's Ark like compound you have out there in Osaka!
Mike - Thank you for being my "after," and showing me there is life after back problems. In a group of 15, you're here! I'm the luckiest girl alive. Thank you.
Sam - Thank you for sharing your feelings and ups and downs with me. I relate to so much of your posts and one day I'll relate to even more things - like having abs and running. :)
Diane - Now when the new kids come, I can say like Adam, "Me and Diane, we go way back!" Thank you for your inspirational blog and that fierce photo pose that I will be adopting when I have muscles in my arms.
Debbie - Thank you for all of your comments and being part of the pre-shred festivities (and brought us Lynda). Despite being busy, you manage to support us all and that is really cool.
Miriam - Thank you for sticking with us and your kind comments. I hope your husband joins us!
Alex - Glad you stayed on shredding mode with us. Thank you for representing the Philippines with me!
Josh - I have no idea if you read blogs you man of mystery Josh. But congratulations and thanks for being with us.

CONGRATULATIONS EVERYBODY! We got through our 14 Days Together! Yippee!

I wish I knew our weekly photos were due this Saturday before I ate that "reward meal" of spaghetti.


A Few Words About All These Photos

If I'd known I was going to be "on the Big Blog" with these pics I would have never posted photos in a bikini and it's too late to hide my face. lol That is the reason for the switch to shorts. So those are my photos to Adam.

The bikini photos are for my blog. I cannot survive taking a photo every week in a swimsuit, it is too traumatic and feeling inducing and I'll have to write another one of my feelings posts so I'll save it for special occasions, but I did want to post my 14 day photos to show I wasn't a complete coward.

My Stats!

Day One: Weight 158
Day 14: 152 (I lost six pounds.)

Total weight loss: 31 lbs.

I have only one stat, because my mission is about walking, and I don't have any access to stat collecting equipment of any kind. I actually only have my weight as a side effect of being in traction and the physical therapist needing them for the machin.

Why I'm Calling this Mission 2!

Mostly because I don't want to renumber my blog. I didn't take a lot of photos for my Mission One and I didn't step on any scales at the end. The last two photos are from what I now call Misson One. The "After" photo was taken approximately two weeks before the recent reemergence of my back problems. I did not have a walker and used the plan outlined on the left.

I will call the next Group Shred (in Jan) Mission 3, because that' s how we roll up in here. I am exhausted and will write about my many, feelings (maybe even a video like Joni) about the Shred.

Good night! It's 2 am and I have physical therapy in seven hours.

I love you all and thank you. You can have no idea how much you all mean to me. Thanks.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats to you Christy! The coffee looks good, doggie cute, mom proud and you fabulous! Glad to have met you in this forum...keep moving girl!

Michael said...

You did great! Way to go! You lost 6 pounds during the group shred and that's awesome!

Mike

Miriam said...

Congratulations Christy, you look fabulous and happy too. Thank you so much for all your supportive comments and for being part of the team. I look forward to seeing your walking progress and hope to see pictures of you enjoying and walking around on Christmas Eve.
Big Hug,
Miriam

Anonymous said...

Christy, way to go! You did it! And you even lost a few pounds! 6! wow! that is so awesome! This has been an amazing 14 days full of excitement, discouragement, healing, all around progress! I am so glad we did this together! It would not have been the same without you. Am so glad I am not living in regret for not having done this. I truly hope our world's will some day meet together in one place. it's amazing we can be half a world away but be so close in heart! can't wait to see where all this progress leads you! this may sound terrible, but it almost was a god-send to have you stay where you are so you could join us in this journey! i am not as eloquint with words as you are but, "thanks!"

Andrew said...

Hey Christy,

Congratulations, the smile on my face when I saw you making coffee. That beats any achievements I have made in the past month let alone the past 14 days. I am so pleased for you, the dedication and hard work you have put in certainly shows in your pictures too. You have lost 6 pounds in 14 days that is great news! Just think of the possibilities now.

Whatever you want you can achieve it and I feel proud to be able to say that I have a cyber friend called Christy!

Keep improving day by day, keep loving life and keep believing.

Take care,

Andrew

Sammy said...

Hey Christy! Wow, walking to grab some coffee now aye? I can imagine when you'll be running anytime soon. And 6 pounds! Tt's great you know.

Anyways, I need to say a big Thank you for your help and support during this whole time. I'm glad to have met you!

Sam

Unknown said...

You are amazing Christy!
Walking aroun the house, making coffee lost 31 lbs!!! Whaoo
You look great Christy!
Lets keep Blogging!
Thanks for your friendship!
My cats, turtels and fishes send ciao ciao to Fluffy!