Thursday, April 24, 2008

Walking, Yes Indeed I'm Walkin'


Like the song says. So great to be able to walk around even slowly. I only did a half a mile, but got to enjoy the weather and pick up a few things at the shop around the corner.

This Saturday one of my sister's bands, Murphy's Flaw, is playing at Los Angeles Times Festival of Books, and now I'm well enough to go! It's so great to be able to say YES to fun things I enjoy doing again.

I've got another one of those little things above my blog again. It's a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in it that says, "Scheduled outage at 4:00PM PDT" next to it. I had one of those yesterday, too. Is anybody else getting these?

Yesterday I'm grateful I go to:

• Walk for half a mile
• Eat SIX servings of fruits and veggies
• Drink FIVE glasses of water

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

we have so much to be thankful for...especially the "small" things that we too often take for granted...like being able to walk for a half a mile! Love "seeing" you everyday!
I have not gotten one of those blogger messages. wonder what is going on with that? also hope adam's blog is out of lockdown soon. hate it when that happens!

Unknown said...

Walk a 1/2 a mile and sile all the while! Great seeing your pic and smiling refreshing face kiddo.

Debbie said...

Hi Christy, you're doing great. So awesome to see how far you've come. I'm not getting that message about an outage.

Andrew said...

Hey Christy,

I had the message couple of days ago, I think it is just so that they can do admin work on the servers.

I have to agree with all the above. With all the heartache that we all go through in life you still have to look on the bright side and be thankful for all the good things that you have in your life.

Have a great weekend too, I'm aching more with each hour!!! Feels great though.

Take care,

Andrew

Michael said...

Great to see your beautiful smile again. I missed that. Awesome news about your walking!

Otter Christy said...

Suzette There is a lot to be thankful for like my fellow shredders. I hate it when Adam's blog is on lockdown. It feels like a shredder "timeout."

Thanks Diane That's a cute saying.

DebbieThanks for coming by. I didn't get that message today so I guess I'm not getting locked out, too.

Andrew That makes sense about the little warning sign. I think you're right. It's gone today. I'm glad you're back.

Thanks Michael One day soon, we'll have to meet AND when I'm fully recovered maybe you'll teach me to do one of those dead lifts that sound so scary. :)