Friday, April 18, 2008

Practicing What I Preach

I don't see myself as a preacher, but Adam's post today got me to thinking, What do I preach?

My health philosophy is molded from my life experiences, which I've bored people with on this blog many times before. Basically, I have serious (but not unsurmountable) physical and mental health issues that have sort have reformed me from a very driven, hardcore Go, Go, Go and later Crash, crash, crash-type, person into a person who prefers to just do what I can, be grateful for what I have, and have a lot Faith that that's okay. Some days what I can do for whatever reason is nothing. Some days it is more than I expected. Each day I try really hard to remember that what I did that day, and in every moment is ENOUGH. Always.

I enjoy being part of Adam's merry band of shredders. I enjoy the focused energy and love of being in a group of people who care about themselves in what ever form that takes to put energy into their own well being and support others. Somehow being part of the group LIFTS the what I can do. I know in my heart that on that first 14 Day mission, I never would have been able to walk to the kitchen without my walker without all of the encouragement and good vibes and just flat out inspiration that I received from all my fellow shredders and Adam.

Thanks to the improvements in my physical health I get to now enjoy a fuller life. I believe creative pursuits, family, friends, service, God and (maybe even one day a significant other) plus moderate eating and exercise EQUALS health. And I really want to enjoy HEALTH.

I wrote this all today as sort of a campaign to be included in the next Mission. I often feel really insecure that my point of view (or to use other words What I Preach) doesn't really serve to the betterment of a "Real Time Physique" blog as my goals and thoughts really have nothing to do with my physique or a rapid fire transformation. But I do feel transformed and it even shows on the outside even though THE OUTSIDE picture is really NOT what I'm all about. I really think my HEALTH is an INSIDE job. The have Faith the outside will take care of itself.

So I hope I get to join you guys on the next mission. I have a lot of Faith that even if I don't meet the "Shredder Council 2.0 Membership requirements" for one reason or another that everything really works out for the best.

Yesterday (Thursday), I'm grateful I got to:

• Drink FOUR glasses of water
• Eat SIX servings of fruits and vegetables
• REST

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christy, we have been in "this" together for quite a while and I think you know that I have always "preached" that it is the inside that changes BEFORE the outside. If you don't change on the inside the outside won't change. your "rapid fire transformation" was rapid for "you". what you accomplished was great in the short amount of time "required". my vote(for what it's worth) is that you are in!!! ;) so glad to have you back in full force. you always bring out the best in us all...always promiting some good thought.
yay!

Otter Christy said...

Suzette Your vote is worth a LOT and to be honest the most of all. I just love you and your blog and your reassuring comments always keep me from feeling like a "weirdo." Thanks!

Marbella said...

Here I go with my vote too! You´re in CHRISTY. That saying am wondering if I will be let into the golden circle too. You just never know that the requirements will be. Regardless, we are here, we can still love the group...and we love you too!
Lynda

Otter Christy said...

Thank you, Lynda! There's nothing like the heart of a Texan to quell my feelings of insecurity. Yeah, I can still love you and the group no matter what the requirements are. But I can't help but WANT TO BE IN on the action.

KaliLilla.com said...

It just wouldn't be the same with out you! You are so in. Love you, Lilla