Monday, April 21, 2008

I start at the USO tonight


My new gig at the USO is starting in six hours. I'm so excited and even a little nervous. So much to know and learn. I want to do a good job for our boys in blue. I feel that pre-mission excitement building and the excitement of big reveals for Diane and Mike Groom and Michael. Plus the Beach Body gals are kickin' some serious booty.

It feels good to be able to walk outside. Since I don't have a space of my own here at my sister's house, I also enjoy the time to myself. Stress management is a huge component for my overall health and happiness and walking really seems to relieve that for me. Who knew I could ever enjoy and be grateful to just walk around? Nothing like not being able to do something for a little while to make me really want to do it again. Without a space of my own (I live on the couch and have just a drawer or two), the photo thing is not yet worked out, but I do the best I can and have Faith they'll be a way. May there's some place outside or something.

Yesterday I'm grateful I got to:

• Walk approx. 1 mile at the Street Fair. FUN!
• Eat FIVE servings of fruits and veggies
• Drink THREE glasses of water
• Meditate
• Read a chapter

3 comments:

Mike Groom said...

I'm sure you'll do/did great at the USO (not sure of the time difference here down under!). thanks for the shout out! It's not far now to my reveal day - I must admit to being a little nervous about it.

Marbella said...

Hey Christy...have a great time tonite with the BOYS. They will love you and know you will be such a big help. Like your pix today too. Tell us all.
Lynda

Otter Christy said...

Mike I'm sure you're reveal is gonna be great. Your transformation is easy to see even fully dressed.

Lynda I did have a great time. The dawn patrol shift isn't too busy, but I LOVE It.