Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Real Day 3: I think I've got it.

After a cabillion false starts I think I've finally got my photos numbered correctly and with the right date. I've been admiring everybody's blogs, and mine was looking kind of junky so I changed it. It's a little bargain basement, 70s orange, but I dig it.

I wrote yesterday that I walked 1.9 miles, and I was so mad that I didn't technically hit the 2 mile mark. I was so determined on the next walk to hit that 2 miles that I hit a little further. I'm gonna have to take a rest day, but I'm feeling good about it. I'll make it a point to get in a really nice meditation and some reading. I haven't been getting that done as much, so I'll focus some energy on that.

I found an easier mileage thingy than googlemaps. It's MapMyWalk.com. It'll even tell you how many calories you burned if you type in the time you walked. I got this photo in with a whopping three hours to spare. I'm gonna keep this short so I can get my daily dose of shredder blogs.

Yesterday I'm grateful I got to:
Walk a NEW RECORD 2.3 miles!!!
• Eat SIX servings of fruits and veggies
• Drank FIVE glasses of water
• Back exercises

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the new look! wow, 2.3 miles! that is awesome, Christy. but you know the drill. don't push youself to re-injury. speaking of rest..i must go to be. always great to see you Christy. how about a video soon?!

Mike Groom said...

great new look to the blog Christy!

Christina said...

Way to go Christy! Walking is one of the best fat burners ever! I aspire to walk too...on the weekend i will walk around my country block (i think it's 3 miles all told) =D

KaliLilla.com said...

Map My Walk is so cool! Thanks for the link.

2.3 miles? That's longer than some of my jogs. Great job!

Love the new blog look. :)

Marbella said...

Can´t thank you enough for giving us the Maymywalk.com site. Finally I now know how much have been walking. It even showed from MY house here in deepest Spain to the little walk I do. It´s 0.91 miles. Now can figure it fast.

Take care. Hope your walk today is a good one!
Lynda

Unknown said...

6 servings of fruit and veggie - my, that's quite the accomplishment...good going!

Otter Christy said...

Suzette I took a rest day yesterday and stepped off the mileage today. I want to do one of those recipe videos like Lilla. Now, I've just got to learn to cook.

MikeThank you I call the new blog look bargain 70's orange. It's like my blog is on sale. 20% off (hopefully my thighs hehe)

Ceekaye Enjoy your weekend walk. Three miles! Awesome.

Lilla Glad you dug MapMyWalk I think it's neat. I actually posted something that could almost be considered workout related in my blog.

Lynda MapMyWalk even works in Spain. That's so COOL. I just love it.

Diane I got six servings in a weird way--I ate a can of peas (3 servings) for breakfast. Kind of weird, but it's quick and I really like peas.