Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I Got It!

I spoke with the volunteer coordinator at the USO, and at the end of the conversation she said that, "We want you." I get to take a tour of their 2,000 square foot facilities tonight at 6 and pick out my weekly shift. Woo-hoo. I'm so excited. The shifts are short, only four hours. I get one shift to start off with, and then I'm on call for others. I'm so excited.

Yesterday, I'm grateful I got to:
    • Eat SEVEN servings of fruits and veggies.
    • Drink NINE glasses of water.
    • Walk .63 miles. A tenth a mile above last time!
    • Did my back exercises.
    • Practiced my guitar for FIVE minutes simple, open chords only and hand stretches. (So far so good on hand. Just a little stiff. I'll watch it today.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! good for you Christy. that will be great for you.
so, did you do your taxes or did you do butt lifts instead? lol

KaliLilla.com said...

Yay Christy! You go girl!

Michael said...

Awesome news! I have the same question as Suzette: taxes or butt lifts?

Otter Christy said...

Suzette and Michael TAXES! :) When you earn almost no money for ten months, it turns out you get all your money back. Yahoo. I'll be debt free six to eight weeks. Thanks to Turbo Tax!

Otter Christy said...

Lilla Thanks Lilla! I think that roll you've been on is contagious.