Monday, July 9, 2007

Day 9 - Motivation Increasing!

Something interesting is happening. In the past, my motivation for a a plan like this would usually have faded completely. Instead it's the total reverse. I'm feeling like I can't wait to step it up a notch. I've been incorporating aerobics moves and cardio boxing moves that I learned in videos and classes into my "dancing." I really feel a difference. Plus, I've decided to start my stick fighting lessons this Monday (provided my teacher can accommodate me) instead of waiting a week. Regarding food. I managed to get in 5 of my fruit and vegetable servings. A fast-food burger and fries was actually given to me for dinner, which tasted okay while I was eating it, but afterward I felt a little sick. The idea of fast food is not as appealing as it was just a week ago. Very interesting. Drank four glasses of water, read my chapter, did my meditation, did my journaling, and danced for 11 songs (40 min), stretched for 2 1/2 slow songs (9 min).

BTW, did you know that dancing burns approx. 265 calories an hour for a 130-pound woman? I put my weight and dancing into a calculator and it said I burned 216 calories. Isn't that amazing. Martial arts burns an astonishing 870 calories an hour and builds muscle mass. Probably not the way I'll do it at first, but with DAILY lessons, I'll improve quickly. Plus heavier people burn more calories during weight bearing exercises. So I can even be grateful for my weight. Imagine how much easier everything will be with less weight and more stamina. I'm feeling so great already. :)

Here's the calculator I used : http://fittv.discovery.com/tools/calculators/burnrate.html

Today I'm grateful for:
1) The Boulevard here in Dumaguete
2) Grilled Eggplant
3) Pedicabs
4) The Star Wars Movies (They've been on tv)
5) TV Show Heroes
6) Clean laundry
7) Walking without pain
8) William Blake
9) Bill W.
10) Amy Tan

No comments: