Friday, July 13, 2007

Day 13 My Stick Fighting Lessons Start Monday

I am nervous and excited. It runs out my lessons will be daily and 1 1/2-2 hours. We can take breaks for my back. I don't even know if I've stood on my feet for that long in the last two years since the accident. But I got the go-ahead from my doctor and physical therapist a while ago, so I'll just do the best I can this Monday and know that what ever I can do IS ENOUGH.

I'm going to even compete in matches. First, I'll watch and then I'll compete. All in the next six weeks. Wow! I wonder what that will be like. Anyway, today I danced for 40 min (10 songs), no stretching, 4 glasses of water, 4 servings of fruits and veggies, chapter done, journal done, meditation done.

Gratitude List for today

1) Luloy - My New Stick Fighting Teacher
2) Big yard to practice and have lessons in
3) Evening lessons so it won't be so hot
4) Mixed frozen vegetables
5) Oatmeal
6) No damage from earthquake (it was weird to not be in California for an earthquake)
7) Go Between scrubby things instead of floss (I finally found them after 3 months of being here. Still in the suitcases. I thought I looked there a million times)
8) Electricity
9) Mosquito repellent
10) UPS tracking for packages

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dropping by to say thanks for commenting on my blog. t-shirts are on order. lol. I am sure you will let us know how your stick fighting class goes on monday.

Shadow said...

Good post, I found you through suzette's post and I will certainly be back on a regular basis.

Otter Christy said...

Thanks, Jamie! I hope you're doing really great.