Sunday, July 8, 2007

DAY 8 - Grateful for Grief

I've been reading a chapter a day from Joel Goldsmith's, "The Thunder of Silence," along with my meditation and journaling. I'm finding as I attain more harmony in my life, I discover many tears of relief, understanding and just un-cried sadness rising. It is hard to let go of old beliefs. I also have many human desires for success, money, companionship that will have to be let go of. A while ago, I took the question of "How do I stop wanting?" into meditation. The answer came back very clearly. "To have it." As a spiritual being, I have no wants. But I am mostly human. I have not transcended this plane or experienced a level of enlightenment that has allowed me to demonstrate and realize the Truth that the nature of life is harmony. So as I move forward, I walk in two worlds. And know that each step I take is guided by Grace and to know that I am perfect here and now even in the moments that I have what could be called petty thoughts of wanting to look pretty.

On a different note, a friend wrote me an amazing E-mail. I won't share the details, because it is his personal correspondence. But today I find, I have cause to be grateful for grief. I have had the experience of grief and mourning of various loved ones even though I am 35. I discover more and more that as I have been more comfortable with my grieving process the more I am able to be of comfort to my friends who are new to experiencing the death of a loved one. The phrase blessing in disguise comes to mind, but the truth is I am the one who labels life's misfortunes as misfortunes. There is no disguise.
Today I grateful to have eaten four servings of fruits and vegetables, six glasses of water, stretched for 2 1/2 songs (9 min), danced for 10 songs (40 min), journaled, meditated and read my chapter.

Gratitude List
1) Amazing Wimbledon Men's Final on television (almost a repeat so I'll do 11)
2) Every single vertebrae and disc in my spine EVEN my L5-S1
3) My car accident
4) Losing my job
5) Sal
6) Dr. Reitman
7) Fellowship
8) Soft sheets
9) Palm trees
10) Ocean views
11) Nice breeze on a hot day

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Christy, just stopped by to check up on your blog. I think it is amazing to name off 10 things daily that you are grateful for. Thanks for adding my blog to your list. I don't always blog everyday. maybe if I did it would beef up the accountability factor a little bit more.

Otter Christy said...

OMG! You read my blog. THANK YOU for posting a comment, Suzette. Super cool of you.