Sunday, July 22, 2007

Day 22 - Upping the Stakes

Today, I took a day off from training so I can be in my best shape for my lesson tomorrow. This week my teacher, and I are going to decide if I am actually fit enough to do 5 day a week lessons or if I would benefit more from lessons just 3 days a week. I really want to stay on 5-day a week lessons, but I cannot afford to let my EGO injure me AGAIN. I wrote yesterday about upping the stakes on my plan. For me the foundation of my "transformation mission" is built upon my spiritual program.

So I must focus on my connection to "The Force," "God," "Spirit" and "Higher Power," all words that I use and believe in. That said my goal is to PRIORITIZE that connection throughout the day and most importantly when I wake up and go to bed and before I practice and train. I have decided that the form of this will be "mini-meditations" of three minutes or more. Also, in order to increase my strength, I want to practice my stick fighting for 10-15 min in the a.m. and 10-15 min. in the evening, in addition to my lesson. My lesson is an hour, and that will be 90 minutes of martial arts training per day, which according to my trusty calculator is 1300 calories burned. Even if the reality is that I can only sustain an intensity that is HALF of what is typically considered martial arts training, I am sure that this will significantly help me improve my strength, tone, and weight loss efforts. In addition, I am going to watch and log the amount of simple carbs (white rice, sugar, desserts) and keep up with the water and veggies/fruit tallies. I will incorporate a FREE day weekly.

Once again inspired by Suzette and Adam, (and now Kriistina) I have decided to take the plunge and actually take photos. I think what has been keeping me from photos is that I took my first photos 92 days ago in a bikini so I could really see the difference. And I'm really glad I have that photo. BUT I CANNOT POST THAT PIC YET. I love that photo, because I'm smiling in it and know that that is the difference this time around for me. You see I started this with a different attitude, not one where I hated me, one where I felt good about me and it's given me the strength and courage I need. However, that photo will remain mine for now, but I will take other photos where I'm wearing more clothes and post them tomorrow. YIKES! Because I'm a female with water-weight gain fluctuation-like stuff and an overall sensitivity these days, I will post my photos on a weekly basis instead of a daily basis (unless I feel led by some unforeseen courage), because any other way is just damn scary to me. I'm grateful for what I can do. One day, maybe even soon, to paraphrase the narrator in Fight Club, I'll have "No fear, no distractions. The ability to let that what does not matter ... truly slide." On the other hand, maybe daily photos is one of those things that I'm letting slide. Well, there is the fear of being called fat so I guess I do not have the ability to let things slide yet. But hey, it's about what I can do now and being grateful for that. Speaking of that:

Today, 4 serving fruits and veggies, six glasses water, yes chapter, yes journal, yes meditation. (tomorrow new goal: 5-6 meditations daily) No lesson. No practice.

Today I am grateful for:

1) Katherine
2) Sister's cute cat Puddin'
3) Completion of class "homework"
4) Beautiful view from my window,
5) Cactus plants in full bloom
6) Mom's cool self-designed brick barbecue
7) My own bathroom
8) Salt water gargle (for toothache)
9) Q-tips
10) Coffee maker


No comments: