Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Day 11 - Grateful for this Plan

Adam Waters is a genius for discovering this blogging and accountability thing. Even though there is absolutely no one reading this, and as detailed in my own plan, I am not allowed to beat myself up for not getting things done--IT WORKS.

Now there are tons of people doing amazing, dramatic transformations. I LOVE AND AM VERY GRATEFUL for their inspiration, and then there's me. You see the only times when I really could muster the drive to commit to diet and exercise was when I really hated me. I mean I wanted to punish myself for being ugly, stupid and fat with a strict exercise plan and mental chastising so that I wouldn't stay the lazy person I thought I was. And then, I would get this rush of excitement, produce a little result and then fall back, and be even more unhappy. The crazy thing was, I was way thinner then and didn't enjoy my body at all. Think of it like Yo-yo dieting, but much worse, because it was my mental and spiritual health that I was draining one "lifestyle change" at a time.

As I came to terms with life's hardships, which everybody has, I just realized life was too short for me to not be happy now. Naturally, I am not happy every minute of every day, but when I so desperately want something to change, I know that I have been mesmerized by the ultimate human error, which is that I am not good enough as I am. No matter what. You are always enough.

But back to the genius of accountability, I almost did not post, yesterday but I just thought. What if one day somebody reads this? Isn't it that much more important to MY POINT to post on the days where I do less than on the days that I get a lot done? And then today, I have was so busy working to meet my business challenge that I thought, "I can just do what I did yesterday." And I was cool, but then I had the urge TO DANCE in my room and be goofy. I needed the break and danced for 31 min (9 songs) and felt like a million bucks. I got so much more work done. No stretching today. Yes, chapter. Yes, meditation. Four glasses water. Four servings fruit and vegetables.

My gratitude list:
1) This PLAN
2) Contact lenses
3) My glasses
4) tweezers
5) Sonicare Toothbrush
6) Transformer/converter thingy that lets me use US appliances here
7) Index card
8) Marty
9) Marty's new pigeon constume (oh there will be a link soon)
10) The Hollywood Improv

Check out my website:
www.my-thank-you-site.com

No comments: