Monday, July 23, 2007

Day 23 - Grateful that very few people really look at this blog





I will attempt to post my "before" photos today. I reserve the right to take them down if I freak out. (okay if anybody knows why the photos are doing some sort of stagger thing let me know, but seriously, this took like forever. How on earth does Adam do this like every day?) Another quick note on before photos for me. I advocate SMILING in any before photo. That's what this is all about. I am grateful for where I get to be today. I'm gonna build on my SUCCESSES instead of that self-hatred cycle that I used to be in. No matter how many folds or lines and how much more things could get better, I maintain that I am, and YOU ARE ALWAYS ENOUGH. So there is always cause to be happy where you are. Even though, I gotta admit it IS a little challenging to remember that bit of truth in a swimsuit. :)

My teacher has ammended my Arnis training to 40 minute lessons three days a week. The intensity of our lessons has jumped 10-fold since last week. And he noticed that I am practicing on my own, so he thinks this will benefit me more. I even got a compliment on the power of my hits. However, when I get tired, I lose my form, I "cheat" a bit with my back and that's not good for my long-term form and naturally, my injuries. Oh well. I was immediately disappointed, but then I figure, I'll practice and get strong and we can increase it in a few weeks. (Luloy promised.) I remain flexible and excited about my already growing strength. I have also noticed that I mentally visualize my moves and my imaginary opponent in my mind to compensate for the fact that I do not have the strength and stamina for longer practices AND lessons. It's weird, because I played in the pit orchestra for the musical Music Man for forever and thought it was hilarious that he was telling the kids to just "think" about playing. IT ACTUALLY WORKS!!

On my new plan, I got in 5 mini-meditations, eight glasses of water, five servings of fruits and vegetables, 40 min Arnis lesson, 10 min. practice session, yes chapter AND my spiritual class, yes journal. I had 1 1/2 pieces of bread today, 1/2 a piece had jam on it. Also, there were hash browned potatoes at breakfast, so I ate those, too. Since we were out for breakfast, which is rare, I let that be my main meal for the day, and just had dinner and small fruit snacks throughout the day. No rice at dinner.

Gratitude List
1) Courage to really speak my mind in class today
2) PhotoBooth program on MacBook
3) Hashbrowns
4) Mango jam
5) Listerine
6) My very own, brand new Arnis Sticks
7) google ads
8) CJ
9) Vermont Teddy Bear Company
10) Stationery

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Christy for posting your "before" pics! That alone is a big step in moving forward with your goals. Now you have to follow through with your program so you can get some fitter pics put up. with posting pics you will see you progression. We get so used to seeing ourselves in the mirror that you don't really see the changes sometimes. It is good to look back and see the progress you have made. I don't know too many people who like seeing themselves in a "fat" state, including myself. Funny thing is since I've lost most of my weight I am finding myself taking a lot more pics of myself! Where before I would always be Behind the camera. No one wants to see themselves Fat when they don't want to be fat. But you know what, that is actually what propelled me to go on my weight loss journey, I saw myself in a pic my sister took on her cell phone of my "fat" belly. That was the last straw for me! I was determined then that I would not be that way any longer!
Well, then there you go! keep taking and posting pics and you start to see the changes taking place right before your eyes!