Monday, July 30, 2007

Day 30 - Yay! Back to Lessons!

My dental situation is odd, but not as painfully scary it was a few days ago. I keep trying to avoid thinking about the potential cost. Okey doke. My eating is a little off. I ate a Drumstick Icecream today, because in an odd twist of fate those go down easy. Typically icecream totally freaks out tooth stuff, but not this one. I also have been eating bread to take with my pain medication so that I don't get those weird cramps. AND I have been eating mushy, pasta w/ cheese. I'm really not all that upset about it, because I didn't eat much at all for a few days there. Carbs are so much softer and smaller (I can't open my mouth very wide) than other food and comforting, too. But, I got in FOUR servings of fruits and vegetables. Seven glasses of water, subbing class for chapter today, yes meditation (but only two), yes journal and the BIG NEWS.

Yes, Arnis lesson AND it was for an hour and ten minutes, but if you take out the breaks I needed it was 55 minutes and I received many compliments on my improving strength before learning even harder moves. AND an extra 10 minute practice session. I am not a natural fighter AT ALL. When my teacher says to swing at him and he doesn't have his stick up, but he's can easily tell it's a safe distance I alter the way I swing and he can't figure out why. I know why. It's because I'm afraid I might hit him or get too close and startle him. Hilarious. I'm worried I might hit my teacher with the stick even though he's teaching me how to hit someone with a stick.

There is SO much to learn.

Gratitude List
1) Cute, stray cat that comes into our yard
2) Taking less pain medication!
3) Longer lesson today
4) craigslist.com
5) door to door container storage
6) Credit card refund on the way
7) Star Channel
8) Paul Potts (I'm a bit behind, but watched clips on YouTube WOW!)
9) Ryan
10) Refrigeration (yes as an invention. grateful for that)
11) BECKY!

I think I repeated one yesterday so I added on more today for fun. It's kind of tough to not repeat, but I like the challenge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better and can get back to your lessons.