Saturday, July 21, 2007

Day 21 - I have 10 weeks left

I bought a six-month open-ended round tip ticket from Los Angeles to the Philippines. It was my decision to take charge of my life without going further into debt. As a matter of fact, as a result my FICO score has jumped 12 points, and I'm on track to being completely debt free. The only debt I have now is the money I used to buy this computer I'm typing on, and I have it at 0% interest for 12 more months. I have saved almost enough to pay it off, but for once in my life, I'm being smart. I have the money in ING savings accounts and CDs (Yes, you can buy CDs for $50 and $100 there, it's amazing) earning interest and making money for me. Yes, it's only $8, but it is learning the principals about savings and good credit and putting it into practice.

My cyber-friend, Suzette, had a quote on her blog http://www.qfs-blog.blogspot.com/ (see blog roll for active link) "Change your thoughts and you'll change your world." This is what this trip to the Philippines has been for me. I've been looking to change my thoughts within four parts of my life: spiritual (which has been in progress for sometime now), financial (how I've earned my living, my career, education, and attitude toward my finances), physical (which just started 21 days ago, which includes health, fitness, weight and grooming), and last it will be my feast or famine type attitude toward romantic relationships. (I think I have smartly decided to work on myself first, and then move on to my romantic relationships. I have also worked on improving non-romantic relationships in the meantime. VERY good practice. If I can't be the best friend, daughter, co-worker or sister I want to be than how am I going to be the kind of girlfriend or dare-I-type it wife, that I want to be? But that will be tackled well after this next 70 days)

Anyway, my free-time here in the Philippines has only 70 days left. So I want to make the most of it I can. By tomorrow's post, I want to set my sites a little higher, and yet keep the spirit of gratitude about what gets done in tact. This is VERY TRICKY for me, but a great learning experience.

No Arnis lesson today, but I did practice for 30 min. (2 session, 10 min and 20 min), seven glasses of water, 5 servings of fruits and veggies, meditation, journal and chapter, yes.

Gratitude List
1) Quieter work area
2) 0% financing from Comp USA :)
3) Eva Airlines
4) My travel agent
5) Advil
6) Tweezers
7) Restaurant called Why Not
8) Donatelanos Restaurant
9) Super Lee
10) Local passport office

No comments: