Tuesday, July 3, 2007

DAY 3 Claiming a victory

It is 3am here in the Philippines. I am claiming a victory today, because that is what this is all about. There is tons of room for improvement, but this is about what I did do--not what I didn't. And TODAY I ate all 6 servings of fruits and vegetables. Drank 6 glasses of water. (and as a result have had no diet coke. Weird. I drink anywhere from 1-2 liters a day. My head hurts a little.) Danced around my room for 7 songs (30 min). Stretched for 2 songs. (7 min) and did some VERY light work with the weights. My meditations are done, and on Tuesday mornings I have a spiritual class I attend via teleconference so I will be subbing that for my chapter today as the lecture is an excess of an hour with a discussion.

The interesting thing about counting what I do instead of like saying not eating sweets or junk food or cutting down caffeine is really interesting. There is this bag of chips on top of my refrigerator. Now, I am able to eat a bag of chips on this "plan" thing I'm doing, but each time I looked at it I actually said in my head, but if I'm hungry I can eat that banana over there and have another shot at getting in all my fruits and vegetables today. The same thing came up at dinner. It was asked what I would like, and I thought, "Hey if I can get a vegetable dish as the main course I could totally get all my fruits and vegetables in today." And I did. No sacrificing. No temptation. Just a switch in focus. I could go and eat that bag of chips right now, but I'm actually too tired from working out. :)

Since no one is reading this, I am feeling like I may take a before photo. Sometimes I wonder how much this is going to work and then I remember, it's always exactly enough. You are enough always.

Gratitude List
1) water
2) bananas
3) iTunes
4) Skype (cheap long distance)
5) the modern wonders of teleconferencing
6) google
7) chop suey
8) Adam Waters
9) Suzette
10) Robb

No comments: