Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Day 17: The calm before the storm?

Remember how I wrote about how I think I'm going to kick it into "higher" gear? And I didn't mean that I was already in high gear, I meant that my high gear is considerably lower gear compared to my shredder pals. lol

Please don't mistake my joke as as putting myself down or anything, it's just how it is and that's okay. In the weird instance that there is a lurker out there that may have time restraints or a health conditions (mental or physical) that prohibit the hardcore FULL-ON SHRED way and is feeling bad or procrastinating starting his/her own transformation until he has more time or an injury heals or his depression lifts, I want you to go ahead and start anyway. Commit to doing an imperfect job. Commit to just doing what you can. Some days it could be something as small as not eating any fried foods or taking the stairs or having a glass of V8 or something.

I wrote that things have a season and I can feel the desire mounting and I can't wait to see how it's gonna look. Apparently how it's going to look is me staying in my pajama top all day and working on my business. I have a website that's become profitable, however, since I've started posting daily I have not worked on the site much AT ALL. Luckily, my business hasn't suffered, but I can feel that creeping anxiety about money that I find quickly manifests itself in depression and stress eating. I did, however, eat more fruits and vegetables, but have not gone walking. I'm not bitching and not sweating it, but I don't want to be dishonest in my blog and represent like I've been "shredding hard" yesterday or today. I have been getting plenty of sleep as I've been EXHAUSTED. I think maybe being on an actual day schedule (like awake at 8am when I normally go to sleep at 6am), on my mini-vacay has kind of caught up with me. I'm excited about what tomorrow will bring and grateful for today.

So I guess today might be the calm before my shredder storm.

Yesterday I'm grateful I got to:
• Eat SIX servings of fruits and vegetables
• Drink FOUR glasses of water
• Read a chapter from a spiritually enriching book
• Hand stretches and practice guitar 15 minutes

RTP Group Shred Time Machine

200 Days Ago I wrote this post.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Christie! Glad you're getting "serious". Just wanted to stop by and lend my support! :)

Marbella said...

Dear Christy Lou, love how you write and couldn´t for the life of me say things like you do..wish I could, so will use you as my alter ego and try to learn from you and how you do things. You are doing so well, don´t worry, things will do what they have to do. We´re all here pushing and whispering in your ear to keep it going.
Lynda

Adam Waters said...

Great post Christy, telling the truth as you see it is very powerful. Also, I agree with you saying that there is never a "perfect time to start", I firmly believe this, "life is always happening" and it will never slow down to create the "perfect shredding environment".

P.S. I had the same title as your post today on my Day 3!

Adam

KaliLilla.com said...

Seems like you're already in high gear - power walks, eating fruits and veggies, volunteering, traveling, playing guitar! Great stuff.

Glad you're catching up on your rest. The power of sleep is under-rated imo. It's so healing and good for you!

Otter Christy said...

Shari Thank you for coming by. One day I'll be well enough to get back to my Power 90 tapes, and then I'll "think" about the 90x. That's tough stuff.

Lynda I do things much slower. haha Nothing like a whisper in the ear from a Texan to keep a girl going. :)

Adam Wow. I knew I read that headline somewhere. Didn't know it was the same as Day 3, too. Why do I find that so funny?

Lilla Apparently SLEEP is what I'm craving. I can barely keep my eyes open. I rate sleep highly too. It's up there with wedding cake and icecream cake, but it's good for me. :)