Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Day 16: Happy Birthday Dear Edie

I was at the USO last night. It was a slow night, but a lot of fun just yacking and kickin' it with my fellow volunteer and former FBI AGENT Jean. Super cool lady.

The day just got busier from there, because it's my sister's birthday! She's 41 today. I got her a paper shredder and baked her a cake and packed her lunch for work. It was a low key birthday, but still fun.

I'll just get this up in time:

Yesterday I'm grateful I got to:

• Eat SIX (yay) servings of fruits and vegetables
• Drink SIX (yay) glasses of water
• Walk .5 miles
• Practice guitar and do hand stretches 10 minutes
• Back exercises
• Meditate

I'm gonna make a point to read two chapters of a spiritually enriching book before I go to bed tonight to get into the habit more. It makes my days better.






200 Day Group Shred Time Machine


On Day One of the the first RTP Group Shred I wrote this post:
Day One Super Secret Swimsuit Gulp Photos Revealed
.

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Holy Smokes, Christy. Looking at your pre-injury photo on the left of your blog and how far you've come. Great job!

Michael said...

Christy, I honestly love the fact that you do things the way you do them. You are a unique individual and someone I have alot of respect for. You could have wallowed in self-doubt and pity and instead you have set yourself some goals and are setting out to achieve every single one. I'm very proud of you and where you've come from. Lifting tips from me? Anytime!

KaliLilla.com said...

You are a great sister! What a sweet birthday.

Marbella said...

Christy, good to see that you are the World´s Best Sister. Glad it was a fun day for you. Enjoy every minute. You deserve it all and have come so far. Remember one day we´ll all laugh at the good times now thinking of how famous you are! And we´ll still love you regardless, rich and famous.
Lynda

Otter Christy said...

Debbie Thanks! My progress lately I don't think is reflected so much in photos, but I'm SO glad I don't have turn my walker around backwards and crop it out of my photos anymore.

Michael Are you familiar with Joyce Vedral? I'm kind of diggin' on her books. Nice basic stuff with light weights. What do you think?

Lilla It's cool having a sister. I'm the classic "little sister" as far as borrowing stuff is concerned, but I try to step up on birthdays. :)

Lynda In the rich and famous equation, I'd settle for RICH. Then I can come to Madrid for barbeque. :)