Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Day 9: Watermelon, Baby

I'm feeling a little drained and a tinge of depression. This happens to me from time to time. My natural inclination is not go to my open mic tonight at the BrewCo, but I'm gonna take some contrary action and go ahead. I've been doing a lot of counseling and this blog and reading blogs has taken an amazing amount of time and energy. But I'm sure once I get it going it will be easier for me to balance this blog, comedy, my service commitments and business. Hats off to shredders who do this, a full-time job and have kids! So impressive.

I'm excited, because I've figured out how to incorporate a nice walk around Westwood with my open mic. Baby steps.

I bought half a watermelon today at the Farmer's Market. I haven't actually bought a watermelon in a million years. Man is it good.

Yesterday I'm grateful I got to:

• Meditate
• Read two chapters from a spiritually enriching book
• Drink FOUR glasses of water
• Eat FOUR servings of fruits and veggies

7 comments:

Debbie said...

Christy, what does that mean to walk around with an open mic? Are you recording as you walk?

Anonymous said...

it can be difficult at times to fit this all in especially with so many blogs to catch up on. `
as with anything i life you have to learn to adjust. i didn't just jump right in with four kids...I worked up to it. lol. when i brought my first child home, I was scared to death...but it got easier. nothing in life is easy, if it was it would be too boring. :O

Rob said...

Okay,
It's 12:47am where I'm at and guess whos still awake reading your blog...United we stand...or is that sleep...hummm,

Mike Groom said...

Christy, life can get very busy. You have to prioritise the things that are important to you. Don't get too down about it.

Christina said...

Hi Christy :) usually it's early morning with my cup of java that i get to read thru blogs. Lunchtime at work i may get to read too. I take it as i can get it! Worry not, you are not alone in your feelings...=)

KaliLilla.com said...

Good for you for taking some contrary action. That often works for me - like when I'm tired and don't feel like running, I just tell myself to just jog around the block. Next thing I know, I've run 3 miles. Magic!

Otter Christy said...

Debbie No that's just a poorly worded sentence. I meant to write that I could get a walk around Westwood in while I was waiting to perform on the open mic show there.

Suzette You worked up to four kids. lol You're right. Pretty soon it'll be easy.

Rob Yeah, United we nap!

Mike Thanks Mike. You're right. Sometime I just want to do everything and then get so overwhelmed I do almost nothing. PRIORITIZE is the key.

CK! Thank you. I appreciate you mentioning I'm not alone. I hate to lose touch or miss out, but then there's this thing called life that sometimes creeps in. :)

Lilla You're right. Sometimes I just need to find the energy to start and then it's exactly like you say--MAGIC!