Friday, May 30, 2008

Week One: Otter Vision Mission - A Choice

Today is the start date for my new 20/20 Otter Vision Mission. Thanks to Rob, Lynda, Michael and Diane for suggesting great names for my first mission. I took kind of a combo of two. :)

I had a big choice today. For feminine reasons the instructions on the fat caliper thingy said results wouldn't be accurate and I couldn't find my swimsuit for my day one pic. I could have postponed my start date because gathering stats and getting a good before pic wasn't happening, but I decided to put my energy into the process since that what I claim to what it's about. I'm EXHAUSTED. My plan is to do twenty miles a week and twenty pages a week. In my mind, I figured I would just do four miles and four pages a day for five days and take two days off or some variation. I can't walk four miles straight YET, so I have to break it up. I ended up walking for over TWO hours (one hour each session) today to get in my miles. Man, I'm totally beat.

I'll probably do measurements and swimsuit photos on Sunday or Monday. What's important is that I do the work.

Today I'm grateful I got to:
• Walk 4.5 miles! Woo-hoo!
• Build THREE web pages (but I haven't gone to bed yet, but I'll count that page on tomorrow if I do it)
• Drink SEVEN glasses of water
• Eat FIVE servings of fruits and vegetables

4 comments:

Marbella said...

I can´t believe that you are walking so far! That is so good Christy, and soon you´ll be in grat shape. Pullin´ fo you!
Lynda

KaliLilla.com said...

Off to a great start, Christy! Love how your mission combines work and workout.

Rob said...

Love the name...

You are looking great as always.
I'm excited for you too.

Alright, I'm "otter" here,

Rob

Michael said...

Great job getting started! As a woman you're going to have "those issues" with body fat measuring. Don't ever let it get you down. Just watch for a trend. Congrats on starting your new mission!