Sunday, May 11, 2008

Day 14: Two weeks in

Wow! Two weeks flies. My weekend in SF was a blast. I'm exhausted. The running joke of the weekend was me asking my friends if any form of potatoes ie. french fries, mashed, hash browns could count as a vegetable serving. The answer was what I would expect. If it was a baked potato with the skin, but not a ton of crap YES, but other wise, NO. Although, Stu, was of the opinion that beer could count as a vegetable. Too bad I don't drink beer. lol

Other non-fruit and vegetable items: vodka and orange juice NO, but freshly squeezed orange juice with breakfast YES.

What do you think? Hehe.

I'm so glad I've been doing my back exercises more regularly and have been walking more regularly, because I had very little pain ALL WEEKEND. I'm exhausted. Long drive home. I'll check in on everybody tomorrow. Thanks guys. Happy Shredder Sunday and

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY SHREDDER MOMS!

Yesterday I'm grateful I got to:
• Eat FIVE servings of fruits and vegetables
• Walk 1.7 miles!
• Drink FIVE glasses of water

9 comments:

Christina said...

Hi Christy, Divide veggies into starchy carbs and fibrous carbs...potatoes, peas, beans and corn are starchy carbs; pretty much the remainder are fibrous carbs. Alcohol is the purest form of sugar around, so...fruity drinks are intense sugar bombs!

And i love beer, but its carbohydrates don't contain enough nutrients to warrant being a veggie i'm afraid.

Rob said...

All this time I thought beer was a serving of whole grains…crap, there goes my whole nutrition plan!!!

That’s it, I’m going back to bed.

Andrew said...

Hey Christy,

Glad you had a great weekend. Was the lack of pain due to the exercises or the large amounts of vodka and freshly squeezed orange juice pumping through your veins, hehe!!!

Only joking I know you have been putting 150% into your recovery.

Talk soon,

Andrew

KaliLilla.com said...

Glad you enjoyed SF! :)

Marbella said...

Hi Christy...was anxious to see how the trip went...and can see it was a big success. What funny remarks from ROB and ANDREW. Nice to have funny people around to offset all this serious dedication we have. So glad you had fun. Now back to the fun here with shredding.
Lynda

Anonymous said...

sounds like you had fun! we all need to let loose once in a while. you are doing great with keeping up with your exercises! any little bit helps!

Joni said...

Hey girl glad to hear that your weekend was so fun and virtually pain free! Just wanted to say hi and can't wait to hear your new song!

Debbie said...

Christy, great to hear you had a great time on vaca. French fries used to count as a veggie for me until I joined the shredders! lol

So glad your back didn't bother you.

Otter Christy said...

CK Thanks for the tip on the dividing up the veggies. Don't worry about the booze and stuff. I was only joking. :)

Rob LOL! It's never too early to go back to bed.

Andrew I'm thinking a little vodka did help the pain. Hehe :)

Thanks LILLA!

Lynda YOu hit the nail on the HEAD. I'm so ready to get back to the fun of shredding.

Suzette It's nice to have a break. You're right any little bit does help, and now I'm ready to do more!

Joni Thank you for stopping by. I know you're busy and got lots of stuff to do so I appreciate it. The song is REALLY SHORT and just goofy, but I'll post a link as soon as it's recorded.

Debbie Yeah, me too! I'm now super impressed by your ability to take good photos in hotel rooms.