Sunday, May 18, 2008

Day 21: Fiddlin' in the Wild, Wild, West

Holy smokes, was it hot outside. My sister was performing in the Topanga Banjo and Fiddle Competition (her band, Murphy's Flaw placed THIRD!) at the Paramount Ranch, where they used to shoot all the old Westerns and TV shows.

It was over 100 degrees out. I spent the rest of the day at the movies being in air condition. But I easily got in all my water.

I'm wiped. Our little kitten, Puddin', is even too tired to move.

I ordered body fat calipers so I can test for my next official "Mission" after the Shredder Council Candidacy period is over. Just so I can see my progress. Thank you Michael: Fat Burning Machine for sending me the link to a great deal so I just get it!


Yesterday I'm grateful I got to:
• Walk 2.5 miles! (thank goodness it was cooler yesterday)
• Eat SIX servings of fruits and veggies
• Drink SIX glasses of water
• Meditate
• Back exercises
• Practice guitar ten minutes

4 comments:

Marbella said...

Hi Christy,
Didn´t know it was that hot already in California? Time for you and Puddin´ to take a breather, read a book, and lap some milk. Reading you walked 2.5 miles is great!
Lynda

Adam Waters said...

I look forward to seeing an official "Christy Mission", you'll have to have a comic book theme Christy!

Anonymous said...

i would love to see your sister play!
ouch! 100 degrees! Adam's talking about bringing home the bacon...maybe he should bring it to you to crisp in your hot weather! I would be in the A/C too!What movie did you see?

Otter Christy said...

Lynda I was psyched to get the 2.5 can't wait to get to three!

Adam That would be funny. Maybe I'll take my pics with a cape on or a magic lasso or something. :)

Suzette I saw "What Happens in Vegas." It's what was playing soonest when we go to the theater. If it's on tv, I'd watch it, but I wouldn't pay ten bucks to see it unless it was for the air conditioning. :)