Monday, May 12, 2008

Day 15: Feeling motivated to kick it up a notch

I'm feeling really motivated and excited today. Last week was kind of stressful and getting away for the weekend really was an exciting treat. Great friends, great town, great times.

I really believe that everything comes in it's own time and has a season. A lot of my more painful experiences in life have kind of come out of a lack of acceptance of what I believe is this fact. My impatience for change that I was not yet capable of and my need to dictate what gifts God chooses to give me has been the cause of much of my misery. I used to torture myself endlessly and be racked with anxiety, guilt and shame at my own imperfections, which I now see as part of being human.

I've been really clear about my intentions and what I'm looking to do as part of the shredder experience. I just want to put focus on my health, because when I do, I feel the benefits. By reading people's blogs, I get inspired. And by just taking time out of each day to post my photo, I remind myself about my commitment to my health. When I see that I haven't drank as many glasses of water that I would ideally like to have or ate as many vegetables or meditated or didn't walk for several days in a row, I can see how it correlates to my moods. I can even notice how my motivation and drive ebbs and flows. I've found the less I've fought against those ebbs and flows and the more I accept that everything happens in its own time, the more naturally and without a lot of the old hoopla and self flagellating things just get done.

And I can feel the flowing of motivation to put more energy into walking, maybe even weight training, growing. I feel a natural desire to want to eat more nourishing foods and pay closer attention to food. I can't wait to see what that's going to look like in the next few days, and I'm going to watch it, experience and enjoy it.

Yesterday I'm grateful I got to:
• Drink four glasses of water
• Eat three servings of vegetables
• GOOF OFF!

8 comments:

KaliLilla.com said...

You're in the zone. Lovely post. :)

Marbella said...

Loved what you wrote today, as always. What I am noticing, is that your photos are changing...your smile and demeanor is just so shiny! All is doing so well in Christy´s world!
Lynda

Anonymous said...

Loved your post today! everything does have it's season. you have really shown some great growth in your spiritual, emotional and mental life. and we know this growth is key for any physical transformation. focusing on your health is awesome! so many people could care less about their health and it is obvious when they don't.
so, here's to your Health!!!

Adam Waters said...

Hi Christy, you summed it up beautifully in today's post. Plus your smile is getting bigger!
Adam

Rob said...

That really was beautiful Christy.
Love your smile ;-)
Great post.

Michael said...

You are grateful for goofing off. That's why I love you, Christy, you "get it"! Awesome smile as usual.

Mike Groom said...

nice post Christy!

Otter Christy said...

Lilla- Thanks. It's my own version of the zone. A little less active zone, but still kinda zone-y. lol

Lynda- I'm feeling pretty happy these days. My health/pain and being kind of homesick was kind of a bummer in the first group shred, but it's nice to be in the season of good times and in good company--like everybody's favorite Texan in Spain.

Suzette!- Thank you. I'm feeling so much better. Yeah, I was one of those people who couldn't care less, but I guess God had a bit of a blessing in store for me with my accident. Mysterious ways indeed!

Adam- Thank you. I'm so glad I started and came back with you and your merry band of shredders. Now if my muscles can get as big as my smile, I'll be able to challenge you and Joni to some push-ups. Haha. Well, miracles happen ...

Rob- Hey fellow sleep rebel. I think we have a lot in common. I'm really excited about your mission.

Michael- I really was. I'll gladly trade some of my goof off tips for some of your lifting tips. :)

Mike- Thanks for coming by Mike. I'll be over to check on Harvey really soon.