Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Water Wednesday brings in More Shredder Success


It's water Wednesday, and time to celebrate more water-ific milestones.

Mike, aka the Fat Burning Machine, has taken up the challenge and easily soared to over 200 glasses!


Check out Michael's incredible water-drinking progress, his chin-up challenge, Christmas surprise, workout podcast and more!


Here are some amazing water facts from this watercure website.
• Water prevents and helps to cure heartburn.
• Water prevents and helps to cure arthritis.
• Water prevents and helps to cure back pain.
• Water prevents and helps to cure migraines.
• Water prevents and helps to cure high blood pressure.
• Water prevents and helps to cure early adult-onset diabetes.
• Water lowers blood cholesterol.
Remember you can take on the challenge at any time or at the very least know with each glass that you drink you're improving your health. Bottoms up!

Thank you to fellow shredder Mike Groom! for turning me onto this cool site! If you have any water tips or cool water facts or joke for water Wednesday. Drop a note in my comments and I'll link to your blog and post 'em.

5 comments:

Michael said...

My advice: just drink the dang water! I carry around a 24 oz. bottle with me. When it is empty I fill it up. I just keep drinking and drinking from that bottle. During my workouts I finish a minimum of 2 bottles. I read a long time ago that it is extremely important to drink water during your lifting workouts, so I drink between each set. Did you know that for must people 1 gulp is roughly 1 ounce of water? So there you have it...if you do 4 exercises with 5 sets, you can get in 20 ounces just by doing 1 gulp in between sets.

KaliLilla.com said...

Man - I need to up my water drinking! I'm now realizing how little I'm drinking compared to everyone else. I just came back from my workout and realized I hadn't even drunk my 16oz water bottle.

p.s. I'm still cracking up over "BCFC" - Burn the Crap, Feed the Cuddle." You should copyright that one!

Adam Waters said...

Christy you are doing such a great thing by showing just how important water is by doing this challenge. Love your pic too!
Adam

Mike Groom said...

Christy, I agree with Adam. Water is extremely important and what you are doing is fantastic.

Mike

J. said...

I gave up tea and coffee when I started this and now I just have a glass of water or a water bottle by my side all day. I defintely feel better for drinking more water. I drink 2-3 litres a day.