Monday, December 24, 2007

It's Christmas in the Philippines Right Now


Merry Christmas Shredders!

We used to listen to Dickens' A Christmas Carol and Pickwick Papers read by Charles Laughton every Christmas. I didn't understand it as much when I was really little and preferred Charlie Brown (and Emmett Otter Jug Band Christmas). But as I got older I really dug it. Listening to Pickwick Papers became one of my favorite parts of Christmas. Here's a little taste:

Happy, happy Christmas, that can win us back to the delusions of our childish days; that can recall to the old man the pleasures of his youth; that can transport the sailor and the traveller, thousands of miles away, back to his own fire-side and his quiet home! ~Charles Dickens, The Pickwick Papers, 1836

5 comments:

KaliLilla.com said...

Merry Christmas to you too! I'm not familiar with Pickwick Papers so now I will check it out. :)

Mike Groom said...

Merry Christmas Christy. It's 7am Christmas morning down here in Western Australia and we are up ready to start the day.

Hope you have a great day, is it warm in the Philippines at the moment?

Adam Waters said...

Merry Christmas a totally shredded 2008 Christy!
Adam

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Christy!!! I want to say I consider myself privileged for having "met" you this past July! It has been a blessing to have found you here in cyber-space! I look forward to 2008 and what we will bring to it! I so hope you can make it to NY/NJ in March so we can actually meet in person so I can hug your neck. Much love and blessings on this Christmas day!

Michael said...

Just stopping by to spread some love.