Saturday, December 15, 2007

Day 51: Backstory

For those who may have just tuned into my blog, if you look really closely on my Day One photos you'll see that I had a walker. I'm recovering from a re-injury from a car accident three years ago. I'm writing from the Philippines, where I came after leaving my day job in Los Angeles and rethinking my career in "show business." Once a million years ago, I was an up-and-coming comedian/writer that never quite came up. The car accident did not help my show biz career, but it has definitely upped my interest in health and put me on a quest, to paraphrase some good friends of mine, to get in contact with something a little bigger than myself.

Since I started this blog and came to the Philippines, I've lost 31 lbs, a walker, and started my own little web business that is doing rather well. This is all with the incredible support of family, friends, Adam and my fellow "shredders."

I'd say this is a comeback story, but that implies that I was somewhere and then I went somewhere else and came back. I'm starting to think of it more like a "still here" story. But when I get back to Los Angeles and a little better with the "stand" part in being a stand-up comedian, I guess it'll be a comeback. Insert Rocky music here.

3 comments:

Raiden said...

Not quite Rocky, but I did think of this other boxing anthem:

...Don't call it a comeback
I been here for years
Rockin' my peers
Puttin' suckers in fear
Makin' the tears rain down like a monsoon
Listen to the bass go boom
Explosion, overpowerin'
Over the competition, I'm towerin'
Records shock
When I drop these lyrics
That'll make you call the cops
Don't you dare stare
You betta move
Don't ever compare me to the rest
They'll all get sliced and diced
Competition's payin' the price

I'm gonna knock you out
Mama said knock you out!

Anonymous said...

31 pounds! that is awesome, Christy! live each day to the fullest!

Mike Groom said...

Christy that is an amazing story. I know what it's like to lose a lot of weight and I'm sure you are very proud of your achievement in ridding your body of 31 pounds of fat.

You have inspired me to write a "backstory" of my own (although not quite as glamorous as yours) to share where I've come from.

Keep at it, one day at a time.