Thursday, December 6, 2007

Day 42: Pool

I went to the pool, again, to practice walking and a few exercises today. It's so strange. Immediately afterward I feel like a million bucks, but I find I am actually getting sore by the evening and day after. It's so odd to be sore from walking in a pool, but I'm glad to be able to do that much. My mood is swinging a little dark and anxious. It is important for me to remember that it is merely a temporary side effect of the neuro-inhibitors (or rather sudden lack of neuro-inhibitors) and a bit of pain and stuff. Nothing huge or all-engulfing.

After the pool, the pedicab driver, our housegirl and I stopped off at the street vendor so I could buy a round of mango shakes. I saved my "points" for it. One of the great things about the Philippines is their small sizes. The vendor was just off the boulevard and the pedicab was facing the ocean. Even the beggars and street musicians grabbing at my clothes and arms were not as disconcerting as I normally find them. The smell of the water and the breeze and being outside felt ARGH I cannot believe that I am going to type the word GOOD and can't describe the smell of the water or the actual feeling of the breeze. AHHHHH! I hate not having words. I never realized how much a comfort it was to have them all the time until recently. I reach for them and now they hide. My head hurts and my eyes feel swollen.

Thumbs down makers of Lyrica. It took me almost a full minute to remember Lyrica and double that to remember Pfizer. That's so funny to me. Not ironic by any means, but funny in the way that people mean with they incorrectly use the word ironic. That kind of funny. If I had the word for it, well, I wouldn't be pissed and slightly bemused about it. Bemused? Now I'm just reaching. I am not at all bemused. lol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's a shame a prescribed "legal" drug can do that to people. i have a hard enough time thinking of the right words without a drug withdrawal! ;)
hope the pool exercise is helping you!