Friday, December 21, 2007

A tad embarrassed

I feel like I'm coming across as the psycho shredder, but I cannot live a lie. I won't pretend like I've got it together when I don't. Some days, I feel like I have it together. These days, not so much. But I'm glad to be on this mission with you all. I am inspired by your lives and successes. Oddly, or not so oddly, I had a great physical therapy session (which I gave myself permission to cancel and then didn't) and back to another day of clean eating today.

Particular thanks to Lilla, Mike Groom, Tearose, Jenny, and Michael for their kind and thoughtful comments on my possibly-too-personal post yesterday. I'm still feeling kind of self-conscious about it, but I did get off my butt and respond to your comments as best I could. If they don't make a lot of sense when you read them, the short of it is, THANK YOU.

Now you'll excuse me, I have to drink like 15 glasses of water to stay on top of my water challenge. lol

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christy, don't be embarrassed. you have the guts alot of don't have by putting your feelings out there on the table. Alot of us try to hide what we are truly feeling. clinical depression is not something you can just "fix" in a day.
I love reading your posts because you keep it real. you share your thoughts and feelings so as we can feel what you are feeling. sometimes i just don't know what to say in response. Your posts stir up lots of my own thoughts and feelings about life. I think that is why so many love coming here, because you cause us to think sometimes in ways we might not have otherwise. I love Lilla's response. she obviously has done some living some of haven't had the guts to.

Mike Groom said...

Like Suzette, I like reading your posts. You have a great way of putting things. I'm glad you had a great day and managed to eat clean and drink all your water.

I look forward to your upcoming posts.

Adam Waters said...

I second everything Suzette said Christy. A lot of people do hide from themselves and their problems, and as a result manifest their daily thoughts into negative energy and usually a negative body image.

You are the complete opposite Christy, you speak the truth as you see it, and your posts do touch people's hearts because of your honesty.

I respect you Christy.

Adam

Unknown said...

Hi Christy:
Thanks for your encouragement and support throughout the past few months. You've been quite encouraging. Best to you for 2008!

Tearose said...

Aww Christy your so cute! Don't be embarrassed I think everybody has something going on in our lives we'd rather not have people know about , but it does seem that when we do talk about it , it helps, its therapeutic, and it helps others. I think your very courageous! I love your blog, it always makes me smile :)

Tearose said...

I should add Christy, that I also suffer from depression, and I suspect I had a nervous breakdown, I didn't see a Dr. because I was scared. This caused me to make life changing decisions, because of my decisions, I have one side of my life that makes me incredibly happy, and one side that makes me incredibly sad and I haven't completely come to terms with it all yet. Sorry this is all so vague, I'm still a bit stuck as to what to do with it so I'm not ready to put it all out there yet if that makes sense, oh jeez .