Thursday, June 26, 2008

Week Four Ends on a High

I did 1 1/2 sets (2 sets of push-ups and bicep curls though, and a not quite 1/2 a set of those pesky dips) of all my upper body exercises WITHOUT any weird spasms or shooting pain. I'm hurting, but no numbness or anything weird. I started off doing two sets of the first exercise and could feel it was too much, so I went with one and half, but when I felt like I had a little extra at the end I did two sets of the last exercise. Bicep curls are easier than the other stuff. The stretches were easier, too. Although, those are the ones that actually seem to hurt after, because I hold my body tightly all the time. I'm one of those people. Massage therapists always just freak out when I get on the table, which reminds me I have to get to a massage. AND learn to R-E-L-A-X my muscles. Anybody recommend anything I can read on this?

I think when I tried before the weight was too high and I was just didn't start slow enough. But what's important is that I accurately gage where my START is and just progress as I can. I'M SO HAPPY. I know it sounds so dinky, but it's a real victory to push a little without getting hurt. I seemed to have swung from pushing too hard and getting re-injured and rehab then getting a little better and then pushing too hard getting re-injured MORE rehab. I really think I've finally reached a place where I'm functional and can PROGRESS toward being FIT and BREAK this nearly four-year cycle. I just have to be patient and not get ahead of myself. Michael (from Michael's Fat Burning Machine) did it. So can I. I just keep hearing my Mom's voice, "Don't get carried away, kid." Man, my life would have been so much easier if I just listened to my mom. lol

I decided to go to the movies after staring at my computer screen (My friend Jonathon Lipow is a voiceover guy and he did the snarls and grunts for The Hulk and the Abomination. Isn't that cool?) So I WALKED to the theater and got in another 1.5 miles. (I got my days mixed up yesterday, so tomorrow I'll rest and Saturday do the BIG WALK day.) The Incredible Hulk was fun and those snarls were great.

The box of organic fruit and vegetables came. The thing about organic stuff is it doesn't look as shiny and pretty as the chemically stuff (which I eat a lot of because of budgetary concerns) but it tastes SO GOOD.

Also, re: my business I've surpassed last months earnings already and there's still a few days to go on the month. Plus all this week I've had consistently great traffic to my thank you notes site. Last month I had 90,000 unique visitors and a little over half a million page views, and but this month I've already beaten it with 95,000 unique visitors and 550,000 page views and there's still four days left. I've had a lot 5,000 visitor days (not on the weekends hehe) BUT Mondays are big for me and there's still one more left.

Today I'm grateful I got to:
• Eat SIX servings of fruits and veggies
• Drink FIVE glasses of water
• Walk 1.5 miles
• Post TWO webpages

4 comments:

KaliLilla.com said...

OMG - Christie, what awesome news on the workout and business front! 95K uniques is mind-boggling. Incredible!! Yay Christie!

Andrew said...

Hey Christy,

WoW, I'm gonna have to up my game or when we race I will need the headstart the rate you are going. That is awesome. I know I don't drop by as much as I used to but you sure see the progress more clearly. Fantastic. And I'm so pleased for you regarding the website, things sure seem to be going well now.

I will look out for the snarls when I watch the film, will probably not be for a while until the DVD comes out.

Take care, and have a fab weekend,

Andrew

Anonymous said...

Christy so exciting to see things coming together for you! It seems it has been a long rode but you are at the doorsteps to something great!

Michael said...

Christy, your mom is right...take it slow and easy kid.