Saturday, June 21, 2008

PRW Day

Thanks to Debbie: of Debbie Can We Talk Blog.

My Powerful Reasons Why I Want to Take Care of My Health

• Never use a walker again.
• Be physically able to go anywhere.
• Never worry about stairs or bending down.
• To feel what it's like to run until I'm breathless without being scared.
• To feel strong.
• To be able to lift my own suitcase off that airport conveyor belt thingy and put my carry-on luggage into the overhead compartment.
• To feel YOUNG.
• Live pain free.
• Confidence.
• Fit into clothes I like.
• To heal faster should fate ever dole out another accident.

The last one is inspired by Dougal. Just seeing how quickly and confidently he has attacked recovering from an accident that would have actually killed anyone that did not have such great health is really inspiring. I've re-injured myself so many times during my recovery, simply because I didn't have the base level of fitness and know-how to recover. I'm getting there with a lot of help from my shredder friends.

7 comments:

Mike Groom said...

Great list of PRWs Christy. I must say, you are looking pretty awesome these days ;)

KaliLilla.com said...

Wonderful list Christy! You've come so far already since we first "met."

Christina said...

Thanks Christy!

I didn't realize you lived with daily pain/ i sincerely hope it gets at least a little better every day.

:) And, you are looking fabulous!

Michael said...

Great list, Christy, and you look beautiful these days!

Debbie said...

Thanks for sharing your PRWs with all of us, Christy. You have already come such a long way and I know you will achieve all of your goals.

Marbella said...

Love your PRWs, and hope/know you will find the road to making every one come true. You can do it you know. One step at a time and before you know it....you are there. Friends you do have regardless. Lots and lots!
Lynda

Unknown said...

Christy: You are definetly making progress and living your PWRs; thanks for sharing.