Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Embracing the journey

I had to take a break from sitting up too much, but I'm feeling a lot better. I can even put some weight on my right leg a little. I have one shot left to go and have finished off two of my medications. I will be so happy to walk freely again. I have been doing great watching my food intake. I am just SO DETERMINED to lose weight. If I can lose 30 lbs, it will make a BIG difference on my back. There is nothing like pain as a motivator.

It's really strange how things work out. I was really worrying about what to do when I get back to The States. I have made so much progress in my writing and online business site, but I was really feeling the pressure to get a job and back-burner my true-life passion in the name of survival. That is a mistake I have made so often. I have had the guts to take big risks, but I have fallen prey to the well-intentioned idea that the right thing to do is get a job and wait until I can afford to pursue my interests more.

What always happens is that I have no time or extra energy outside of my work. I've read that some say the price of not following your life's purpose is depression and anxiety. I can relate to that. I see other people who actually have done the part-time dream and leveraged it into full-time success. I envy those people. However, each time I have attempted to do that I have failed. It's like life keeps teaching me this lesson over an over again, and I keep trying to follow that path to success.

There are some people who just jump in and despite not having "all their bases" covered manage to start their business on a shoe-string, finish college, and all kinds of stuff. Sure the other way is "smarter" and looks on the surface for me to be "better." But it all is a question of FAITH.

Here's what makes this time different. I can't stand for long periods of time. I can only type in a reclining position. I cannot do any lifting or bending. I will NOT actually have the physical capacity to get that job to tide me over, and I AM GRATEFUL to NOT have that temptation.

This time I have to try a different route for success. It is my only option and I'm very grateful for that. Because a different route means a different result. And I'm all for that.

Thanks for reading. Good luck with all your life's journeys.

No comments: