Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Episode IV: A New Hope - Day 5!


"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path." - The Matrix

Today was a day of walking the path--literally. I had to push myself to practice walking without the walker and push my self to lie down and not sit up and look at blogs.

Pre-Mission Adam was very cool to spell out that this challenge is really about me over my mind. It couldn't be more true. So much of pain is in the mind.

And without any negative connotation or dip in my positivity, I can freely state that I was feeling a lot of pain and discomfort today. I no longer am trapped by the incorrect notion that admitting I feel pain is a sign of weakness or being negative. It just is. And that really takes away a lot of the power and fear that pain has held over me in the past.

What also helps is having my spirits lifted by other people's blogs, Adam's video, and inspirational material that I have been listening to regularly, it was easy to see the truth about that pain, which is that "this too shall pass."

My BEST physical therapist explained to me the point of my rehab is not to decrease my pain, it is to increase my functioning. Pain relief is more of a by product or secondary goal. I keep that in mind. It's only fitting that Joni wrote a very inspiring post about integrity, and Michael wrote about his thoughts on each person on our group challenge.

It's nice being able to go around and visit all your blogs. I'm really grateful for it. It gives me a feeling of being useful, which is a much-welcomed change. So, thank you all.

I am very excited about seeing each person's results on Day 14 as well as my own, but I am equally excited and grateful for the mission itself. I no longer work and sacrifice my today for a better tomorrow. I work on enjoying what the day brings and as a by product my tomorrows are better. And speaking of today, here's Episode IV of

Adam Waters and his band of RTP-blog.com Shredders

Today our shredders discovered new depths of integrity and may have emerged even more committed not just to this mission, but to other life's goals. It was stats day for shredder Andrew, and his results were so amazing he doubts their accuracy and has demanded a recount. Joni was back on the big blog and with an amazing ability to travel through time, Adam fixed it to look like she was never missing. Birthday surprises were in order for Sammy as he was given the perfect gift for any shredder--A GYM MEMBERSHIP.

Having survived the weekend without missing a step our shredders embark on a week.

Will this incredible success streak continue?
Will Katie join us in time?
Will Andrew's results be confirmed as true?

Follow all our shredders and get the full scoop in real time by visiting:

RTP-Blog.com

PS I just called this A New Hope as a reference to another one of my favorite movies. It's mulit-layered as well, but not as multi-layered as The Matrix. If you know the movie let me know in the comments or share a favorite movie quote of yours. I'm sure it's getting hard to think of ways to say, "Keep on shredding." lol Although, I like and APPRECIATE ALL COMMENTS.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

i heard an awesome quote last night. "We will never rise any higer than our own thinking." it is not in any movie but i thought it was really good!

Debbie said...

Christy, keep up all your hard work. I have a feeling you may surpass your expectations.

Debbie

Andrew said...

Hey Christy,

I am back!!! I love Star Wars too but the first trilogy are worlds apart from the second, they just don't have the same ring to it.

I always remember a great quote (I think it is) from the final Rocky film, not sure what number it was!! It goes something along the lines of "It's not how many times you are knocked down it's how many times you get back up".

Everybody will have set backs in life some more than others, other more serious, but we all have a choice of how to handle them. Do you stay down or do you fight to get back up and carry on?

Well Christy, you are certainly fighting to get right back up there and I must say you can notice a differnce in your side on pics. You are doing great.

Take care,

Andrew

Joni said...

Yeah the Star Wars trilogy x2 (what is that, a sexilogy? that sounds dirty...anyhoo...) ranks up there for me and my husband. I guess my husband, really, I am just kind of along for the ride on that one. But your post does fit nicely with Adam calling us the Shredder Council and my dog's name is Jedi so there you go. My brothers and I are always quoting movies so I don't have a favorite there are so many. My favorite movie overall is Armegeddon, though. Anyway, congrats on your progress and see you soon!
-JP

Unknown said...

Congratulations Christy!
You walk the walk!
Hope you do not practice
TV---FRIDGE---TV---FRIDGE---TV
like I used to do LOL

Michael said...

Christy,

I can confirm that you need to focus on increasing your mobility. When you do that, your body will begin functioning more the way it was intended to function and that, in turn, will reduce the pain. Your in my thoughts.

Mike

dougal said...

Hey there kiddo, "You are enough", and looking, well... WOW

Otter Christy said...

Suzette, really cool. You always have a fresh supply of quotes (in addition to your very funny remarks on your comments today.) The other kids know to get out of mommy's way. lol

Debbie, that would be really awesome. I am very much looking forward to you being right!

Andrew, your back and completely right about the first Star Wars trilogy. My favorite movie being, Empire Strikes Back. I love the last Rocky movie and that part in the movie where he was talking to his son and saying those lines. Bless you for seeing some sort of difference in any of my pictures--even the jokey captions seem the same to me. lol

Joni when you wrote Jedi Council it was exactly what I was thinking. In an odd coincidence, I had posted this before seeing Adam's video. Your dog's name if JEDI. That's a cool name for a dog.

Otter Christy said...

Massimiliano, very funny. Yes, the tv fridge loop. I used to do that too--two months ago. Lol.

Michael, it's nice to know I'm on the right track especially hearing it from somebody's who's been there already.

Dougal, you posted on my blog. It must have taken ages. THANK YOU.