Monday, October 22, 2007

18 Day Challenge!

Adam Waters is on his final 18 days of his third physique transformation mission. (see blogroll to check his blog). It will mark ONE ENTIRE YEAR of life-changing transformation. And to commemorate these 18 days he's issued a challenge to his readers--to put ALL their effort into the next 18 days of their body transformation program. My cyber-friend Suzette (see blogroll) has accepted this challenge in the face of a tremendous amount of family responsibilities.

This got me thinking. What could I do to change my life in 18 days even with my current back problems? What would I want to accomplish in these next 18 days?

Only one thing came to my mind. WALK! Yes, I'd love to lose weight. I've been doing Weight Watchers for over a week. And knowing that losing weight will ease the pressure on my spine and all this pain is a HUGE motivator, but more than anything in the next 18 days I want to ditch this walker and walk on my own power for more steps than just getting to the bathroom three yards away from my door. I want to be able to walk to the kitchen, get myself a drink and come back to my room ALL ON MY OWN. Maybe even go outside, bend down and pet my dog.

To that end, I am committed to spending more time sitting up at my desk, practicing my posture, leg and knee exercises, daily meditation and spiritual reading or lecture listening series, blogging daily, drinking more water, staying on Weight Watchers, visualizing walking, and pushing really hard (but not to re-injure) in my therapy sessions.

If you're reading this, come do it with us! No matter where you are or what obstacles may seem to be in front of you, you can do something. But always remember no matter what gets done or not done, you are (and I am) enough--always.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! It doesn't matter what you set out to do, just put yourself into it %100! Positive affirmations are great! You can so do it! I see you walking without pain! Like I said in my blog, it doesn't matter what you do, just do something!
Adam hasn't mentioned any "reward" for when he finishes this mission.(unless I missed it) I wonder what he has planned. I think giving yourself a reward is something to strive for. I have never given myself a "reward", just HAD to buy some new clothes because the old, fat ones didn't fit anymore. I will have to think of something reasonable that would push me to go for it! sometimes, i think just the compliments i get daily are almost reward enough.

Otter Christy said...

Oh, yeah. You're right a reward. I'm going to treat myself to a new haircut, and new make-up. I haven't bought so much as a new nail file in 7 months. And I'll post a photo of my new haircut in my blog to make sure I do it!