Sunday, September 30, 2007

Do you remember that movie where Tom Hanks was stranded on a island?

It is official. I am bedridden. It's a sciatica (aka boring yet painful) thing. I do have a rolling stool that affords me the dignity of pushing myself to the bathroom when nature calls since my right leg has gone gimpy. I am so grateful for that stool.

About the movie. I feel like my injury is like being stranded on an island. In the movie Tom Hanks starts talking to a volleyball for company. The volleyball's name was Wilson. My life has turned into that except there is no volleyball.

I guess Blogger is my Wilson.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christy, I am so sorry for your setback! I hope you heal from this quickly. Yes, oh to be thankful for a laptop. without it, I am sure you would be going stir crazy. yes, i remember that movie. i thought it was a good movie. I hope you have lots of cyber-friends to chat with while you are out of commission. eating well will surely be a priority.
thanks for your kind comments on my blog. I will try to post daily, but can't promise anything.

Otter Christy said...

You're right on the money as always. Without this laptop, I would be completely insane. I'm a little stir crazy, but it's kind of funny AND I'm lucky to have my Mom here to take care of me. I'll look forward to your posts. The theme of my life is always just do what you can and it is enough. So I'll be tuning in regularly, but no pressure on the posting. :-)