Thursday, November 1, 2007

Day Seven: One Week Complete! One More to Go!



Adam asked us to blog about what has surprised us so far on this mission, personal victories, challenges we've overcome on this group shred. That is a tremendous undertaking.

I'll go with the obvious and say I am completely surprised at the level of community feeling of our Shredder Counsel.

I am even more surprised to discover the depth of love and affection I have in my heart for my fellow shredders and Adam. I could never have imagined just how much you all could mean to me in such a short period of time.

I'm amazed at the power of your kind words, and just how inspirational your posts have been to me. The nature of my transformation seemed so odd and weird to me and yet I can relate to your posts so much. I have laughed, smiled, and even wept while reading your posts and comments.

My personal milestones: actually letting myself be seen in a swimsuit, being able to stand and take enough steps to hit the timer for my photos without the walker. I've added more reps to my rehab exercises, and have walked on my own power as far as the living room. I have kept 99% compliance to my food plan and even my doctor commented that I have lost weight since she last saw me just three weeks ago!

My main obstacles have been pain related. From medication alterations, low blood pressure dizziness, and having to keep going without the pain relief of my physical therapy sessions due to holiday closures. But I have had a secret weapon. YOU and this mission.

What's gotten me through it is reading your blogs, meditation, and strangely posting my silly cartoons. The excitement of everybody's triumphs and tales from their mission has really given me something else to focus on when I'm feeling overwhelmed and blue.

I laughed with excitement when Adam said in the day one video about my life not being the same after this mission. I thought he was being dramatic, but there was this hope that it was true.

The kindness of my fellow "shredders" has had a healing effect that is far greater than any doctors, medicine, or exercise. All in just seven days.

You all have changed me and healed me. Miracles come in such unexpected ways.

We still have seven days left!

Thank you.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

love your creativity, reat progress, keep at it!
Diane

Debbie said...

Christy, sounds as if this challenge came as just the right time for you. You should be proud of yourself in all that you've achieved. Special thanks for cheering on the rest of us too.

Debbie

Marbella said...

Hi Christy!
Am thrilled that you are doing so well with this challenge. Isn´t it amazing what a little CyberHug will do to give us a happier day. I for one am really pulling for you and am so pleased that you are doing so wonderfully well. Also, can see a really neat waist forming there...can see lots of good changes.
Another CyberHug!
Lynda

Michael said...

Christy,

As always, you amaze me. You have an infectuous spirit and it is awesome to see your body go through a transformation right before my own eyes. As I read through your older blogs I realized that there are alot of things we have in common as far as our thoughts go. I'm very proud of your determination. You are an inspiration to many people.

Mike

PS: The smile is nice to see.

Unknown said...

Hello Christy
7 days to go for "This Challenge".
But after this shred challenge is over,
lets keep contact and continue to help and motivate each other!
You are a great person!

Anonymous said...

Christy, I love you, too! To think of how "scared" we were to embark on such a "mission" with Adam and the "public". Going out on a limb and pushing beyond our little comfort levels was the best thing to do and happen. If we don't push ourselves beyond that comfort level we will never see the victories to come. Kind of like doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. going outside of our comfort zones is a victory in itself. the genuine spirit of this group is amazing and to even feel that in printed word is amazing.
I really look forward to coming to your blog everyday to see what creative words you have to say each day, words that come from your heart. you truly have a gift!
We all have a story to tell and it is great to share it with you and everyone else in this group.
together we can do this! the power of synergy is at work!

Andrew said...

Hey Christy,

I agree with all of the above. I love reading everybody's comments especially yours and can't wait to get up and check for new ones in the morning. I was getting there whilst I was doing this on my own but now I am moving much faster and enjoying it so much more with you and everyone else spurring me on!! the shred may be over in 6 days but the cahllenge will be just begining. It's easy to blog and post comments for 14 days I just hope it all continues. I for one will be coming by daily to see you and hopefully your cartoons!! YOU are a STAR.

Take care,

Andrew

John said...

Hey how's it goin? I see you are Filipino. Me too! I'm from Angeles City Pampanga, but currently staying in here in boring South Carolina. Well take care and keep shredding hard.

Lito

dougal said...

Christ,Christy,Christy, people like you happen along the pathway of life rarely, people with a genuine spirit of warmth and affection and caring. You are a uniquely special individual and it has been a privilege for me to get to know you and an honour to have your support.

Sammy said...

Christy I just wanna say you are the most brightest, cheerful, optimistic person I have ever met and it's rubbing off on me, and on us!

I love seeing your comments on my blog everytime and it has (more than once or twice) given me faith to continue this journey and kicked my butt to the gym when I don't feel like going.

I wish you all the best, once you get better, I know you'll make some serious kick ass progress!

Sam

Otter Christy said...

Diane, thank you. I sure will keep at it.

Debbie, your are so right. This challenge came at the perfect time for me. It's fun to see how great you are doing.

Lynda, I love that phrase CyberHug. One right back at you.

Mike, it's nice to feel like smiling again. That is very kind compliment. I think we think alike, too.

Massimiliano! I love that idea. I definitely want to keep in touch with everyone who has got the time.

Suzette! You're right about everyone having a story. Your story and support has been very inspirational for me. REMEMBER how scared we were! It feels like a million years ago, and yet it was just a little over a week. Our mindset has changed faster than Adam's biceps.

Andrew, thank you. You are moving FAST literally. I am a big fan of your blog. I check it almost as often as I check mine for comments. lol I hope I get to keep knowing you even after the Shred. I'll keep peeking through your blogs even afterward, and you can't stop me.

Lito, Mabuhay! my fellow Filipino.

Dougal, I am so happy you are on this Group shred. I knew you were amazing the second I read your blog and read my first "Dougalism." You are very kind, and it is a tremendous compliment especially because it comes from you.

Sammy, you are doing so great it so awesome to see your progress. Yes, one day soon, when I'm better, I will be able to shred hard LIKE YOU!

Thank you everybody. Man, you guys are amazing people. There must be something about Adam's blog that brought us all together. It just can't be a coincidence that you all are so special.