Friday, November 9, 2007

Day 15: I wowed the folks at the hospital!


I am exhausted from the 14 days Group Shred, but I had a great day. I wowed 'em at the hospital. My physical therapist and all the "regulars" in the waiting room, smiled (even the pedi-cab driver congratulated me) when I walked in and out of the office. I had my walker, just in case, but I carried it!

I have not used my walker once today, and I actually took my medication LATE and barely even felt any pain at all.

I am so psyched that I lost six pounds on the shred, and am continuing to eat clean.

In case anyone is curious, I used Weight Watchers online, the Flex plan. I ate the full 21 points they say you are supposed to eat as a MINIMUM most days, but a few days I just wasn't that hungry. I never once used all 35 flex points, but did use some. My first week I used about 17.5 of the 35 and the second week I only used 4.5 of the 35.

I will allow myself to eat up to the full 35 points this week if I feel hungry.

Shorter post today. I think. I may add something after I watch Adam's video.

PS. Just watched Adam's video, and I was smiling and nearly cried. Plus, he looks so cute in his photo with that RTP hoodie. I can't wait to get home and try on mine. Suzette mentioned that in a way it was lucky that I had my injury so I could participate in the shred. She is SO right. I was just thinking that the other day and just now when I was watching Adam's video. I would have really missed out.

This blog is sort of where I let it all hang out. Typos, run-on sentences, tons of grammar errors, my real thoughts, feelings, heck I even let my GUT hang out, but I love writing it. And despite all the professional kudos I may have gotten a long, long, time ago and my fear that I had missed the professional boat I once had a first-class ticket on, I get a compliment from Adam on my WRITING even though the focus is elsewhere here and I love him for it. The part of my career I came to reconnect and rebuild here in the Philippines, but thought I was taking "a break" from by having this blog IS where I have felt the MOST encouragement. And darn it, this group writes some damn fine blogs.

TRANSFORMATION JOURNEY. Change your life. All true.

If you're reading this and thinking, I could do that. You're right. Join us in Jan. or right now. Drop me a comment. I promise to visit your blog.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES! how sweet is that!? no walker. i look forward to you comments after checking out adams video!
You Rock, girlfriend!

Andrew said...

Hey Christy,

You amaze more each day, your gonna have to change your nickname to your amazing cyber friend christy!!!

When you are sure you are done with the walker can you get one of it in mid air just as you have thrown it!!!

You have a great weekend, get some rest and eat those few extra calories, YOU ARE MORE THAN ENOUGH!!

Take care,

Andrew

Marbella said...

Hey Christine!
That picture of you is worth a Million! So proud of you for getting so far and using your will and perseverence to do it. Just wonderful to see someone who is so strong, and so nice too. Wanted to say that one of these days I expect big things of you and your writing. You have such a gift, and wouldn´t be surprised if you turn out to be a famous writer! Will remind you and get your autograph! In the meantime, lets get it going, all of us, on the 18th. Just know you are going to be the Big WINNER this time!
Hugs,
Lynda

Unknown said...

Love it, love it big time! Ditch the walker and you did! The smile says it all - you're such a trooper and I'm proud of you...keep moving.

Unknown said...

You are carrying your walker!
You are doing amazing progress everyday Christy!
I think you are the shred counceler who has made the best progress of us all (without taking away anything from others hard working shredders)
I am, no wait, let me rephrase this, WE ARE, really PROUD OF YOU!
P.S. But for bad English and grammar errors, I AM THE CHAMP :-)

Raiden said...

Way to go Christy! You made it this far, ditching that walker must have felt awesome. Keep truckin' on

Debbie said...

CONGRATULATIONS CHRISTY!! I'm just now getting to everyone's blogs and yours is making me emotional. Just love that you ditched that walker. You are looking great and are an inspiration to all of us.

Debbie

Adam Waters said...

Hi Christy, what an awesome picture, so meaningful and symbolic. I feel that you are well on your way to fulfulling your dreams Christy, whatever they may ultimately be.

Cheers,
Adam

Otter Christy said...

Suzette, it was super cool to walk in without it. And to see the faces on the people in the waiting room! I left my comment on the video (I loved it) in your comments.

Andrew, amazing cyber friend christy. lol Like Spiderman. I may hold off on the throwing of the walker. Since it was a gift, I figured I would donate it to charity.

Lynda, thanks, lady. We'll see how "Hollywood" digs my work when I get back to the States. I'll feel a lot more confident in my meetings being skinny thanks to my shredder counsel friends so I need to get in gear through the end of the year.

Thanks Diane! "Keep moving." I love the way that sounds.

Massimiliano, very, generous words. I love the way you write. I love accents.

Thanks Raiden. Keep truckin', too!

Debbie, Thank you. I wouldn't have believed it could happen so fast, but thanks to the shredder counsel it did.

Adam! I'm always so happy to see you've posted a comment, and thank you for, once again, being so kind. You're right it is symbolic. It really is.