Saturday, November 24, 2007

Day 29 Bad Trip


Bad trip last night. I freaked out, because I lost partially lost the feeling in my arms from the new meds. I woke up, and it felt like they were just dead, meat, skin at the ends of my elbows.

Mom stayed up with until 4am to keep me from flippin' out. Then I spoke to my sister on the phone for two hours until it mostly wore off.

I can feel my muscles tightening and my jaw grinding like I just came back from the bathroom in the eighties. (drug reference). I can't feel my face all the way still. It's freakin' me out.

Anxiety is a side effect of my neuro-inhibitors. Really tough time sleeping. I woke up with those tingly sharp feelings in my arms, but it was such a relief to feel them. I hope my photos got in to Adam in time. They were seven minutes late. I kept doing stuff not right. It's like I'm drunk, but not buzzed. Just like I'm packed in cotton or moving in water.

I can't just stop the lyrica after taking it so long, but I don't care about the pain. I gotta cycle off this stuff. It's like I woke up in a Kafka novel, and I'm that dung beetle that can't flip over out of bed.

Thank you guys for your encouragement. I wouldn't have even tried to send in my photos if I had't read comment yours.

I just wated to post the pic in case they dindnt get on adam's in time to go up. and say thank you to you all for comments and taking the poll.

And say for the encouragement thank you to you guys.

16 comments:

Adam Waters said...

Hi Christy, sounds like you had a very tough night. Are you feeling better now?

Best wishes,
Adam

Unknown said...

Dear Christine, I am sorry your meds gives you such side effects.
I hope this side effects will not last long, and that you can get well soon and not need to take this meds anymore.
Please, when you feel bad always remeber you have your Shredders Council Friends who always think about you, support you and send good and positive wibes to you!
Your day 31 Picture is GREAT your waist line got thinner, you look SUPERB!
Big HUG!
xxx

dougal said...

Christy, I'm astounded at the progress you are making with the limited training you can do. Wow, really incredible. Go girl

Anonymous said...

Christy, know that I am praying for you daily. It pains me to see you go thru this. In spite of it all you are doing great. Do know that you are in our hearts and minds daily! HOpe to see some healing progress soon. love ya!

Marbella said...

Hi Christy,
A BIG, huge hug from me, wishing you a good day today and tomorrow and forever. Your photo looked so good, so can tell you are really putting in lots of effort. Remember you are always here with us, always in our thoughts.
All the best!
Lynda

Andrew said...

Hey Christy,

Kepp smiling girl I know you will get through it all as tough as it may be. I cannot say I have ever been through anything like that before so I will not even try and imagine how terrifying it must be. I do hope you are feeling better soon.

Your pics are great and you are making so much progress on so many levels.

Take care,

Andrew

Joni said...

Hey girl hope you are feeling better. Sorry to hear you are going through so much but you wouldn't know it by your progress because, as everyone else said, I think you are looking great! Keep doing what you can and your fighting spirit will get you through! Talk to you soon!
-JP

Bec said...

Wow Christy I'll say it again this weeks photo shows amazing changes.Congratulations.
Bec

Miriam said...

Medications are scary. I know that it is difficult to take them because sometimes they only hide the pain and often are not a cure. However, keep in mind that in the Philippines you have some of the most beautiful beaches in the world and that as soon as you completely recover not only can you enjoy them but show off your new confident image.

Jemi9OD said...

Hi Christy - all the posts above me have said it better than I can, but although I'm a newcomer I know you can get through this.

We'll be here for you - hang in there.

Massi is right - you're looking fantastic :)

Debbie said...

Christy, how are you feeling now? Am concerned about you and hoping that your meds are no longer causing you problems.

Debbie

Andrew said...

Hey Christy,

Just checking to make sure you are still hangin in there ;-)))))))


Take care,

Andrew

Bec said...

Hi Christy. I read on Lyndas blog that you were going to try the pool. I think it would be great for you to get into the pool and exercise. You can do so much in the water . It will be great for your balance. You can still work with resistance either just your body or using things like pool noodles, empty plastic bottles, balls. I don't know what happened to you . I tried looking through some of your blogs but there are so many of them. You are recovering from some sort of trauma? I teach aquatic exercise and know the great benefiets of workouts in the water. You wont bulid muscle like with weights but certainly will strengthen your body. The hydrostatic pressure of the water is good for swellings, injuries. You can move more freely and probably find your joints wont hurt. Give it a go and i hope it helps you out.
Bec

Sammy said...

Hie Christy! I really hope you get well soon. It must be terrible being on meds and drowsy and even numb.

Don't worry I'm sure you'll get better! You're starting to look better also!

Anonymous said...

just dropping by hoping and praying you are feeling better! we miss you! i wish i could call you to see how you are doing!

Michael said...

Hey Christy, I hope you are feeling much much much better. Hang in there!