Thursday, November 15, 2007

Day 21: Holding steady and petty question--Bikini or Shorts?

I ate my full 35 Flex points last week, and have only 11 points left for this week (resets Sunday). As a result, I am still holding steady at 152 lbs. Glad to not have gained any weight with all the peanut butter eating. I know my body dug that. I also did some eating while chatting on the computer and watching television. As I wrote yesterday, that's not really where I want to be anymore. I dig on enjoying my food, so I'm going to let that be my focus this week:


Enjoy my food.

I'm feeling pretty good about holding steady on the weight, while making significant gains in my strength. I was able to walk up several stairs at the hospital today. Plus, I've been focusing on making each step a quality step. No mindless limping. Focus on each full movement using all the appropriate muscle groups.

I've also added some additional stretches. Going forward, I am planning on doing some "timed" posture exercises and walking further. Today, I will venture to walk outside around the circumference of the yard. I'll count the repetitions and report them here. Also my focus:

Enjoy my ability to walk.

My water drinking and meditation practice is off. I will put that in here starting with tomorrow's for today (it's still day here). So far, I've drank a singular glass of water.

Enjoy drinking water. Enjoy being accountable for aforementioned water drinking.

I better step it up. Tomorrow is picture day. I'm still going back and forth on whether or not I want to do full bikini photos or not. A ton of people look at Adam's blog, which weirds me out a little. Some days just putting on the swimsuit depresses the hell out of me--I can't imagine taking a photo in a bikini when I'm bloating once a month. Also, the bottoms are sagging a little in the butt. ICK.

On the other hand, it raises the accountability, and I like the idea that my pics will have the same dates on them that every body else's has. When I show more improvement, it'll be easier to see in the bikini.

YOUR THOUGHTS: Bikini or shorts for Adam's blog?


9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Christy my opinion?
BIKINI BIKINI BIKINI.
Why?
Well ...results shows up better AND you LOOK GOOD in bikini!

Unknown said...

Checking in girl...glad to read about your consistent progress...go for the bikini look!

Anonymous said...

go with the bikini as it will show change better. plus you do look good in the suit. as I don't even own a swimming suit, I will continue to wear my workout pants that basically don't hide too much except for the cellulite. lol. I haven't owned a swimming suit in probably 10+ years! when the butt jiggle gets smaller and tighter, I might consider it.

Unknown said...

I vote for bikini because it will definitely show the results better. And massmiliano is right, you look good in the bikini as well.

Miriam said...

The way I think about it is that people go the the beaches of the world in all shapes and sizes. In modern times and in modernized countries people do not care about seeing a woman in a bikini because it is not a taboo.

dougal said...

No brainer kid...Got to be the BIKINI. Accountability goes sky high. Besides my training partner wants to see how cute you are. I told him to check in, in two weeks. How's that for raising the accountibility stakes. So 2 weeks time I'm giving him your blog address. Go girl!

Michael said...

Dougal, you're funny...but Christy doesn't need two weeks to look cute...she's there already.

KaliLilla.com said...

Bikini! I switched to a bikini too because results are easier to see and more motivational. You go girl!

Lilla
http://shekhinahdivine.blogspot.com/

p.s. Thanks for commenting on my blog. :D

Raiden said...

Hey Christy, glad to see you did go with the bikini on Adam's front page. You look awesome!

P.S. I had some peanut butter last night myself. It was soooo delicious!