Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Day 13: A Truly Great Day - Kicking it Old School



So, today, I'm gonna kick it old school, and do what I did when I started this blog, A Gratitude List.

Today, I am so Grateful for these things and so much more:
1) Walking (sans walker) with very little pain from one room physical therapy room to the other with the compliments of my therapist.
2) Being able to walk with my walker a considerable distance with a slight incline in the hospital to get to THE SCALE to be weighed. (There's a small bathroom scale in my orthos office, but it's closed while he's making rounds.)
3) Sitting up at my computer as I type this (the first mission post not typed from bed!).
4) My restful, long nap where I woke up when I was rested instead of from a pain.
5) Every nutritious meal.
6) Every shredder, every blog, every comment.
7) My Mom who has been taking care of me.
8) My physical therapist and ortho
9) My Walker
10) Adam Waters

7 comments:

dougal said...

Kiddo, you've got it down. The secret of life that is..gratitude.
You will have a very happy successful life..I predict. Well done on your progress, phenominal

Unknown said...

Christy:
Look at your abs girl...nice! You've done a fantastic job and I've no doubt will continue to.

Andrew said...

Hey Christy,

Great work, Day 13 or I guess when you read this day 14 already. Enjoy your journey over the next 1o weeks, I am looking forward to reading all about it! You have a marvellous outlook on life of which I hope through reading your blog will start rubbing off on me!!

Looking forward to your day 14 comic strip.

Take care,

Andrew

Bec said...

Hi Christy, you're looking good. Your postitive attitude is amazing, don't ever loose it. You are so strong and determined, I have no doubt of your continued suucess.
Bec

Anonymous said...

We all truly have so much to be grateful for. thank you for reminding us of that! I am grateful for you, Christy! You have a been/are a ray of light in this www. So grateful we have shared this journey together and many more to come!

Unknown said...

And remember to thank YOURSELF for being the wonderful person you are!

Otter Christy said...

Dougal Thank you, Dougal. Thank you for all your Dougalisms and your generous predictions. ;)

Diane You said I had abs. I love you. I can't believe it. All right! I'm very psyched about this vision you have. lol

Andrew I hope that your hard work rubs off on me and even-keeled blog posting with FACTS rubs off on me. (And maybe even the ironing.)

Bec Thank you. I have no doubt of your continued success, too!

Suzette! What a crazy ride, huh. Who would have thought it would be like this! I am very grateful to be on this journey with you, too. You are a very extraordinary woman, it is an honor to have gotten to know you. AND get in on the ground floor to the Suzette experience. I know you "when" as they say in LA.

Massimiliano Haha. Didn't think of that. Well heck, thank me and THANK YOU!!!! Your heart is as big as your name! I can feel it all the way through the Internet.