Friday, July 25, 2008

Finally did it!

A cabillion years ago in the shreddersphere there was a push-up challenge. I could not do one. I've only recently been strong enough during this mission to do some light weight training. In all honesty, my legs kind of shake after I walk up stairs (but my new apartment is on the second floor, but that's gonna be a BIG help) and I can barely complete two reps of most of the upper body workout exercises, BUT I've been doing wall push-ups for the last few weeks. So today I just gave it one try. I tried an official boy push up. OMG! It was so HARD. I fell the first two times on my face, but I finally did ONE! Better late than never. In the past I've found the hardest progress was from zero to one (like just getting to walk to get my own coffee) and then before I knew it I could walk FIVE miles. So I think the same will be true for these push-ups. :)

Today I'm grateful I got to:
• Meditate
• Eat THREE servings of fruits and vegetables (but I've only been up eight hours so "m sure there will be more)
• Did ONE boy push-up (I'm totally feeling it, for reals, lol)
• Read more of Do You by Russell Simmons

PS Yes, those were my beloved big pajama bottoms in yesterday's shot.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Before you know it Christy - you'll be doing 5 push-ups and then 10. The first step on any journey is the most difficult - now go for it.

Have a nice weekend.

KaliLilla.com said...

Yay Christie! It's true the first on e is the hardest then it's all down hill!
A cabillion = 6 months? Haha. Love your lingo.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! with persistence you can succeed in anything in life. keep pushing hard towards your goals. Enjoy the journey!

Ron said...

Congratulations on this milestone, Christy! Next immediate goal - two push-ups! Little by little you'll get to 10 or more.

juli gets happy said...

Hey Christy,

you are training so well and you are giving a lot in this very transformating period of your life.

You can do everything and anything you want!

Congratulations on this milestone, Christy!

Juli

Michael said...

Christy! Christy! Christy! Christy! Way to go!