Saturday, July 12, 2008

Day 44: Horrible photo

The shirt untucked in a weird way in my photo and totally makes my poochy tummy all the more poochy. Normally, I would take another photo, but I'm pressed for time.

I'm so excited. A good friend and awesome comic Marty Laquidera and I are "doing lunch" with the booker at the Hollywood Improv to book a night there every month. She's a super cool lady, and I'm really psyched about the meeting THIS MONDAY. We're doing it up with lunch (well actually it's dinner 6pm) at a cool Italian joint in Beverly Hills. I haven't taken a meeting in over three years (pre-accident). When I started in comedy I dreamed of performing at the Hollywood Improv. I've performed at the club before, but only once since my car accident, and I've never been made a regular there.

I'm so excited and NERVOUS. We're prepping tomorrow. My proposal is all written up and luckily I have a lot of friends in the business from slugging out all these years to come down and lend their "celebrity" (if comedians can be celebrities) to the show.

It's not until Monday, but feel free to wish me luck in advance. :)

6 comments:

Mike Groom said...

Let me be the first wish you the best for Monday! Nothing poochy about your tummy Christy, you look pretty good to me :)

KaliLilla.com said...

MUCH LUCK to you Christie!!! Although you don't need it - you are so smart and talented. :D

What a great opp! I'm certain you'll impress. Beverly Hills lunch - oh la la! Fancy schmancy.

Anonymous said...

No Luck, only Skill! You know you got it, Christy! You are going to Rock it out of the House!
I agree, you are looking good! I do hate it too when the pic doesn't come out right but don't have time or are too lazy(as in my case most of the time)to take another one!

juli gets happy said...

I am holding thumbs too (BOTH!) and I am excited as well!

You are so great...and the tummy...which tummy? You mean this little thingie there? Noooo, it is barely there, ;-)

Michael said...

Christy, so much to say and so little time to say it. First, I know you will have success with your meeting on Monday because that's just you. Next, I have to say you look beautiful. Don't stress so much about your picture. I see no "pouch" at all. Your smile is radiant as always. I will admit that at times, when I need to smile, I come to your blog and look at one of your pictures because your smile makes ME smile. Good luck Monday.

Anonymous said...

Best wishes and much success. Enjoy the moment.