Saturday, July 19, 2008

Big Gigs and Traffic Tips for Your Blog

My sister, Edie had a big gig at the Blue Ridge Pickin Parlor tonight. She's the fiddler for the bluegrass band, Murphy's Flaw. The Pickin Parlor is legendary and every seat was taken. It was a long drive but totally worth it.

My eating is a little off. I try not to sweat that stuff too hard, because I live a no regrets life and just keep moving forward (but I do get bummed out from time to time, but not from regret, just plain old sad. I'm not an advocate of emotion stuffing. It leads to food stuffing lol.) BUT things have been pretty great and fun lately. Things are busy, because I'm apartment hunting and putting things together for my show at The Improv. Plus, my second website for comedy and other stuff is getting 100 hits a day. I had some nerve damage on my left side from the car accident and in the past it interfered with my playing any music. I've been practicing a little more each day, and have started writing funny songs again while playing the guitar VERY BADLY. I debuted a few songs on July 3rd and it went okay, and then I did more songs last Wednesday. I may be hitting a few of the music open mics soon, too. I've got plans to put together an comedy music album for sale online and to add to my act. So much work to do.

BTW, if anybody is looking to get more traffic to your blog, I highly recommend doing some good keyword research and submitting to article directories like EzineArticles. I've had over 19,000 visitors just from the 13 articles I wrote and submitted to their site. It's pretty cool. Also, try to use your targeted keywords and keyword phrases in your tags, title, first sentence, and a link and for that particular entry make sure to have at least 125 words.

3 comments:

Michael said...

The sexy comedian (you) gets around. :-)

juli gets happy said...

I MUST SEE YOU ON STAGE WHEN I AM AROUND!!!!


Christy, you are looking great, you have attitude and you will make it. Don't worry about your music-instrumental-skills, many well known hit-wonders cannot sing dance or play (or all!) and have a fantastic career. It will come with time and it will not hold you back. I know that.

Ach, ja, you look great, ;-)

KaliLilla.com said...

'funny songs again while playing the guitar VERY BADLY.'

I'm sure it's not as bad as you think but your comment reminded of Phoebe from the sitcom Friends and the song "smelly cat." lol.

Thanks for the Ezine tip!