Sunday, July 6, 2008

Day 38: Inspired

I watched the amazing Wimbledon final with Nadal and Federer and was just so inspired. They were so fit they were hitting incredible winners even in the last game in the last set of the longest final in Wimbledon history. I just loved it.

I kept imagining to myself, "What if I were so fit that no matter what I was doing, I could just focus on the task at hand without having so much of my energy and joy being distracted by the hindrances my lack of fitness puts on my life?" From martial arts to learning to dance or rushing to catch a plane or carrying luggage. Imagine having all that extra focus for learning and enjoying life! No more distractions of pain, my back, or lack of breath--stealing my joy.

So in my long day, I just focused on that feeling and walked. I made it a point to just enjoy my walk and go for time and distance over speed and HIT MY PERSONAL BEST! It took two hours, but I did it. I took a warm bath and changed into my pajamas right after to celebrate. (after LOTS of stretching)

Tomorrow strength training. This week I'm shootin' for 2.5/2.5/5, but I'm gonna do what feels good be it more or less.

Today I'm grateful I got to:
• Walk 4.75 miles!
• Eat FIVE serving of fruits and vegetables
• Drink FIVE glasses of water
• Read THREE chapters of a spiritually enriching book

3 comments:

juli gets happy said...

Wow, Christy, congratulations! You are amazing!

Anonymous said...

Hi Christy. Stopping by to say hi. You continue to push on! yah for you! we have come a long way since our first "meeting" a year ago!!! Can't believe a year has gone by already! I sure hope we get to meet one day soon! our shredder family is ever increasing!

Debbie said...

Christy, your post today reminded me of Strength for Life by Shawn Phillips. Main premise is to be strong in whatever you undertake. AND by being physically strong, it also makes your mind strong.