Tuesday, January 8, 2008

It's My Birthday

January 9, 1972. It's the morning of the 9th here in the PI. I'm 36 years old. I usually have a lot of feelings about stuff. Funny. I don't have a lot of feelings about being 36. I feel good. Although, it sounds so grown-up. I don't feel that grown up. Mom and I might go out to lunch.

I got great Happy Birthday phone calls from my sister and one of my exes. He's going through a break-up. Actually two of my exes are going through break-ups. I just realized how odd that is that my ex-boyfriends typically always call me for advice after a break-up. I guess it's because our break-ups went so well. lol

Hmmm. I guess if you're single for 36 years you get good at romantic relationships fading into friendship. Just a lot more practice at it. Yeah, that make sense. More dating = More boyfriends = More ex-boyfriends. More practice being good at being the ex-girlfriend.

Once you hit 30 you kind of stop dating jerks (well that's not true, but you stop getting into long-term relationships with jerks), so when it doesn't work out it, it sort of easier to just be friends. AND NOT SLEEP WITH THEM KIND OF FRIENDS. So not making that mistake anymore. And no more Re-Dating. I state this as a resolutiony birthday preventative measure just in case statementy thing.

I've been injured and living with my MOM for almost a year, which means exactly what one would expect. And I'm going back home next month with two ex-boyfriend/friendy types out of relationships.

Suddenly I want to be held accountable! I'm just joking. But as a comedian, I know that every joke has a grain of truth. Hmm.

This post is so random. Happy Birthday to me.

13 comments:

KaliLilla.com said...

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Christy,
Happy Birthday to you!!!

Yeah, I have to agree. Re-dating is usually a road best left untraveled. But hey, you've been living with your Mom for a year. You're overdue for a little dating adventure. ;p

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHRISTY!!! 36 isn't so bad. I hope you have a great day! I am married and still spend lots of time with my mom(just thought i'd throw that in there.) i love random thoughts. that's what most of mine are!
do somthing fun!

Adam Waters said...

Happy birthday Christy, I trust that this year brings you a lot of happiness and fulfillment of your dreams. Shred on!
Adam

Jemi9OD said...

Happy Happy Birthday, Christy. I've been 36 for a while now and it's not bad. :)

Corrina said...

Happy Birthday!

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday Christy! Hope you enjoy your day.

Debbie

Joni said...

Happy happy happy happy birthday!! Hope you had a great day and hope to see you in person at ECSS!! Thanks for all the sunshine you bring into my life :)

Mike Groom said...

Christy I hope you had/have a great day! (I never know what day it is for you guys).

Raiden said...

Happy Birthday Christy!

Unfortunately, as the bearer of bad news, I must inform Lilla that by performing the "Happy Birthday" song on your blog, and as a resident of the United States, she has violated US copyrights held by Warner/Chappell and will be forced to pay the performance fee of $10,000 per instance.

I however, living in Canada, where the copyright expired in 1985, am able to sing to you. But just to be on the safe side, I'll sing to you in french (Canadian)!

Bonne fete a toi,
Bonne fete a toi,
Bonne fete a Christy,
Bonne fete a toi!!!

Unknown said...

Happy belated girl! Hope it was a good one, and best for the years ahead!

Michael said...

wow, Happy Birthday! Yet another thing we have in common...we are both Capricorns!

Tearose said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Most of my thoughts are random lol, so I follow random posts rather well n:P

Princess Phatso said...

Happy belated b-day for which I can be excused because, 1) I am a Princess, and 2) I hadn't become aware of your existence until after January 8th. In any event, happyhappyhappy birthday now. Attaining 36 is certainly better than the alternative...attaining room temperature...and that holds true for every year thereafter...you'll see... ;) I plugged you in my latest blog