Monday, January 7, 2008

Cool video about thoughts on your body!

I just watched a bunch of these videos by Byron Katie today. I never did a lot of self-inquiry, but have arrived at many of the same conclusions and truth. It's an amazingly simple process. It's pretty cool.



The four questions, the turnaround worksheet, and more videos are available at www.thework.com

I have to admit when I first saw her videos, something about it all kind of made me angry. I usually know that when something hits me pretty hard, there's something about it that I really have to look at. So I used her own method of judging others to see what truth I need to see in myself.

I love the concept that she takes this to the point of LOVING what IS. Not just tolerating or mere acceptance. She takes the principals to loving what is. I must admit, I have yet to entirely take this process to my most recent judgments to the point of loving what is, but as I type this, I'm thinking, "What the hell am I waiting for?"

I think it's cool stuff.

5 comments:

KaliLilla.com said...

I love Byron Katie's stuff. Thanks for sharing this video.

Debbie said...

Christy, I've not heard of her before. I checked out her website and watched another video. What a sweet woman that really makes me think about how I think.

Thanks for sharing.
Debbie

Unknown said...

Didn't listen to the video, but got the message that loving you, embracing you everything about self is a powerful place to be. Enlightment comes whereby we become empowered to find the healthy way to make healthy changes within and without.

juli gets happy said...

dear christy,

thank you for sharing this video with all; byron katie made me free from these ugly thoughts...but sometimes I am still suffering...then I use her methods.

I came a long way and can "breath" now again, :-), will be back "on track" soon again.

So, she is cool, as you are,

:-)

best wishes for you great mission,

juli

Unknown said...

Hello Christine, just came by to say
CIAO! :)