Sunday, January 6, 2008

I'll share, too.

Michael wrote a really great post with a lot of quotes that really inspired fellow shredders and got me thinking. I haven't done a lot of the quoting. My new website (which I can't wait to show you guys) has quite a selection of quotes.

For me, this process is not one where I work hard or try hard, but rather like the poet Browning states, I am "... opening out a way / Whence the imprisoned splendour may escape,/ Than in effecting entry for a light / Supposed to be without."

I believe that the true nature of every man including myself is health and harmony, but many thoughts and illusions block that harmony. I have experienced many of these blocks first hand. It is also nobody's fault and there is no blame, but when the time comes each person in his own way will open that doorway and allow that "imprisoned splendour to escape."

Naturally, these quotes may not hit that inner truth bell that we all have in us, but in case they do, I thought I would share:

Life is not at the mercy of matter. ~ Joel S. Goldsmith

I think there's an invisible principle of living too. If we believe we're guided through every step of our lives, we are. It's a lovely sight, watching it work. ~ Richard Bach

Every skill, every talent, every capacity, and every ability of the mind are really the Soul-action made visibly tangible. ~ Joel S. Goldsmith

When you live in surrender, something comes through you into the world of duality that is not of this world. ~ Eckhart Tolle

I have had a lot of feelings and other things happen on this journey--some of it you may have read in my blog. But I succeed to whatever extent I can in any given moment, and despite momentary lapses of faith and even momentary rises in ego, it is, always was, and always will be enough.

7 comments:

KaliLilla.com said...

Beautiful post, Christy! I love the Eckert Tolle quote in particular. Here is one of my favorite quotes:

"At night you must plunge into the depths of your nothing, should a morning dawn for you in the brilliance of the highest light." Al Ghazali

Unknown said...

Christy:At the end of the day it is all about giving your best and you are the only person who can 100% say - today it was enough..I gave my best! Keep moving!

Mike Groom said...

Christy, as always you have produced another beautiful post!

Michael said...

Wonderful post...you've done a great job overcoming all the obstacles so far and I have no reason to believe it won't continue in the future. You are an amazing woman.

Jonathan Padilla said...

Excelent Blog! Congratulations!
greetings from CHile!

Debbie said...

Hi Christy, very lovely post. Thanks for sharing your favorite quotes with us. I did listen to The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle and it went over my head. Maybe I'll give it another try.

Have a great week.
Debbie

Marbella said...

Hi Christy,
As always love coming here to read the latest from you. Your quotes are great, and all make me stop and think. Hope all´s well with you.
Lynda