Monday, January 14, 2008

Girly transformation - DIY Makeover

You know Adam got a haircut and some nifty clothes after his Mission One. Well, this Friday will be the sort of end of my "Mission 2" and I have NOTHING to wear back home. So I'm totally going to take advantage of the cheap exchange rate and venture into designing myself a new haircut and clothes.

I've been surfing the net and sketching and budgeting. I've always been fascinated by women who always dress nice. I never put much energy into it, but have always been drawn to makeover shows and the like. A million years ago I was obsessed with What Not to Wear on BBC America, and then later Oprah had Susanna and Trinny on and I was even more obsessed.

If you haven't read the rules for shopping for your body type, check it out. Also if you're looking for a haircut and want there is a free virtual hairstyler here. Oh you can also figure out your best colors on the Susannah and Trinny site, too.

I'm so psyched. I'm researching fabrics now to get the best quality. We'll see how I do designing my own clothes, but I will have the input of a seamstress. Well, as soon as we find one.

8 comments:

Bec said...

How cool I'm going to look at those websites. Yes i like the idea of dressing nicley but i guess i just don't have any sense of style. I hate how other women can just pull it all together and look fantastic. Maybe it has to do with how we feel about ourselves.I think you need alot of confidence to pull off a groovy new look.Have fun shopping.
Bec

KaliLilla.com said...

What a fun post! I'm going to check out those sites.

Mike Groom said...

i checked out the hairstyle site and couldn't find anything that really suited me :)

Anonymous said...

Designing your own clothes sounds so exciting! this could be a new adventure for you! I loved those sites. the clothing site is very cool. I am more of a cool colored person. I find it easier to see other people and tell if they are wearing the "right" color and style, but to do for myself not always the best. i love the show, "what not to wear"! my sister cuts my hair so whatever she says looks good i go with(up to a point).(i usually can't do it like she does) but yes, the right colors the right style and the right hair cut can really make a difference in your "look". all of that combined can make you look old and fat or younger and slimmer. i prefer the latter.

Michael said...

Mike and I are in agreement...I didn't find anything that suited me either. :-) You're gonna look awesome, Christy!

Adam Waters said...

You are gonna have a ball Christy! Its so much fun going clothes shopping after u drop weight. I gave away my old wardrobe as nothing fit me anymore!

Unknown said...

Carissima Christy!
I searched long ago about the hairstyle site but could not find it!
Thanks for posting this!
And ..I think you look great in your Bikini...

Princess Phatso said...

I love what you are doing... and you look faboo! Thanks for posting at my lonely little blog...lonely because I've forsaken it for over a month! You got me going on it again! Sounds like you're having fun with your reclamation...Adam is very inspiring isn't he? All that ripped and shredding stuff ya'll are doin',though... right now in my life?...that's an activity I associate with my junk mail...But you go girl!!! Come back and visit, and keep me posted on your progress!
Princess PHATso