Wednesday, August 29, 2007

9 Weeks Left

Howdy!

It's been super busy. I went to my first Filipino Fiesta in Bacong (spelling?). It's a lot like Thanksgiving, but with a lechon (a big roasted pig). My eating and water intake has been a little off. The water actually effects my training A LOT, because it has been super hot and humid here. I have nine weeks left, so I've really been working on my site and screenwriting. I'm working on a romantic comedy short film that is ALREADY slated to go into pre-production the second I'm done. The director and I know each other from stand-up, and he's got a of faith in my work. I have a lot of faith in his as well. I am very excited about it and am preparing three pitches. Wish me luck.

I have progressed into some knife training techniques in my Arnis lessons. The knife is kind of scary--even the "dummy knife." But today we practiced disarming with the real knife and that was VERY scary BUT I DID IT and did not cut myself OR my teacher. It's really the little victories. :-)

Gratitude List
1) Fiesta
2) Dummy knife
3) Fellow Arnis Student Ashley
4) Ashley's wife, Celine
5) Joseph Campbell
6) David Siegel's Nine Act Structure
7) Bagging drills
8) My first "paycheck" from my website was deposited TODAY
9) myfico.com
10) Nine more weeks

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, i figured you were busy. screenwriting! how exciting! my brother just finished taping in albuquerque, new mexico for a film that i think stars kevin costner. my brother will be a secret agent i believe for one of the other actors' characters. well, honestly i don't really know for sure as i haven't talked to my brother in a few weeks to get all the details. anyways, i thought that was way cool! let me know how the short film goes. i think my daughter could be an auther some day. she loves to "write" (and illustrate) books and plays(that she never finishes. lol)and she is only 11.
knife throwing does sound scary, but way cool to watch! it is the small victories that do count. add them up to get bigger victories!

Otter Christy said...

Congrats to your brother for being in a movie with Kevin Costner. That's awesome! Your daughter definitely sounds like a writer to me. That's exactly the way I was (and still am. I have tons of "unfinished" works to date.) The knife techniques are a little scary, but I move so much faster when I'm trying to block those strikes!

Anonymous said...

just dropping by to say hello. hope things are still going well. i've been busy myself and haven't posted in a few days. i'm still hanging in there. will catch up with you soon!